!!!FINALLY MADE IT, RMF RED DEVIL NASUTA!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have been wanting to really frag this guy for a long time now. I've been nipping at this thing little by little for years now. But I had to stop myself. I just couldn't cut any more decent branches off till I got it in the pic tank. I finally did so yesterday, and after the shoot, I did cut a few frags:).

The Red Devil's been part of Jarred's catalog a long time now. I got my piece from Hung Vo, about 3-4 years ago now. Other than gross procrastination, I have no idea why it took me this long to take pic of it lol.

Pics are not as sharp as I'd like, and I'm kind of sad about that, but here's one of three colonies I have growing. This one is LED grown.

Red Devil Nasuta. On the site now!

IMG_0492-2-Edit-3.jpg
IMG_0492-2-Edit-2.jpg
IMG_0492-2-Edit.jpg

Last edited:

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been wanting to really frag this guy for a long time now. I've been nipping at this thing little by little for years now. But I had to stop myself. I just couldn't cut any more decent branches off till I got it in the pic tank. I finally did so yesterday, and after the shoot, I did cut a few frags:).

The Red Devil's been part of Jarred's catalog a long time now. I got my piece from Hung Vo, about 3-4 years ago now. Other than gross procrastination, I have no idea why it took me this long to take pic of it lol.

Pics are not as sharp as I'd like, and I'm kind of sad about that, but here's one of three colonies I have growing. This one is LED grown.

Red Devil Nasuta. On the site now!

IMG_0492-2-Edit-3.jpg
IMG_0492-2-Edit-2.jpg
IMG_0492-2-Edit.jpg

That looks amazing Adam! I'd really like a frag of this one;)

ikolbaba06

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live 20 minutes from Jared and got a piece from him but it didn’t make it. So I bought another frag from another local hobbyist and so I’m excited to have it growing for me. I think one very underestimated acropora for sure. I’m glad you have it growing Adam!

hatfielj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my favorites. Mine came in with a very pink body color like yours, but has since morphed to more of a teal body color. My guess is that the pink comes from more intense lighting. Mine has been in fairly low light, though I recently changed this so we'll see if it morphs again. Either way, I love the multicolored polyps this coral gets. Such a cool piece

eatmoreyeah

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my favorites. Mine came in with a very pink body color like yours, but has since morphed to more of a teal body color. My guess is that the pink comes from more intense lighting. Mine has been in fairly low light, though I recently changed this so we'll see if it morphs again. Either way, I love the multicolored polyps this coral gets. Such a cool piece

I received one a few months back in a BattleBox order. Do you know what par you had yours in while in low light? What is the par in the new location? I think I need to move mine, even though it's encrusting the rock and starting to sprout new growth tips. Mine is getting roughly 200 par.

@Battlecorals can you chime in and tell us what par you have this coral placed to get those amazing colors?

Thanks,
Charles

hatfielj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received one a few months back in a BattleBox order. Do you know what par you had yours in while in low light? What is the par in the new location? I think I need to move mine, even though it's encrusting the rock and starting to sprout new growth tips. Mine is getting roughly 200 par.

@Battlecorals can you chime in and tell us what par you have this coral placed to get those amazing colors?

Thanks,
Charles
I didn't get mine from Battle Corals, just to clarify. But, no I don't measure par. It was at the near bottom of a 24" tank lit with T5's and Reefbrites. I have recently moved it to about the middle of the tank.

Muttley000

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks,
Charles

We need pics of this frag!

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful coral! I hadn't really heard of it much over the past couple years, guess everyone was growing it out. Seen it around a little bit more now recently. Awesome colony going Mr. Battle!

dodgerblew

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't get mine from Battle Corals, just to clarify. But, no I don't measure par. It was at the near bottom of a 24" tank lit with T5's and Reefbrites. I have recently moved it to about the middle of the tank.
very helpful. I have same setup. Is it one of those high spread encrusters?

hatfielj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very helpful. I have same setup. Is it one of those high spread encrusters?
Mine hasn't done much encrusting yet, but my tank has also been through some issues lately so it could be from that. It doesn't seem like it will be a big time encruster.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 48 34.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 45 32.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back