Finish this sentence: "The most challenging aspect of maintaining my reef aquarium is..."

afrokobe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate gluing down corals. I transferred tanks like 3 months ago and half of my corals are still on racks lol. I am way too indecisive and constantly want to move things around. Gluing corals also stresses me out seeing them closed from handling lol. I should just run only frag tanks.

1112-425XL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The most challenging part of maintaining my reef aquarium is...:thinking-face:
I got nothing! There might be a couple things I find tedious, but definitely not challenging. It's all good!!

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to say my family. For some odd reason they expect a roof over their heads, food on the table, electricity, WiFi, cable etc. they are annoying and because of it I have less time and money for my tank !

Propane

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s challenging for me to remember that sometimes I gotta slow down and enjoy the tank for what it is at that moment instead of focusing on what I need to do next.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The most challenging aspect of maintaining my reef aquarium is...Trying to quit posting about it and getting busy doing stuff to make it work out properly.

wave euro sports GIF by European Athletics

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am I the only one who enjoys testing parameters, doing water changes, and cleaning powerheads?

My least favorite part about reefing is dealing with problems I’m not experienced with: plumbing, electrical, and when equipments break. That’s the part that is challenging for me.

Propane

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am I the only one who enjoys testing parameters, doing water changes, and cleaning powerheads?

My least favorite part about reefing is dealing with problems I’m not experienced with: plumbing, electrical, and when equipments break. That’s the part that is challenging for me.
Lol I actually like testing as well.

liudachris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finish this sentence: "The most challenging aspect of maintaining my reef aquarium is..."

Whether you're a seasoned reefkeeper, or if you're just getting started in the hobby, we all have parts of this hobby that are more challenging than others. It might be dealing with algae outbreaks, staying on top of regular maintenance, getting parameters in line, or something else... What presents the greatest challenge to you?

Going on vacation and making sure everything is settled in the tank before you leave.

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Currently, I'm challenged by the initial layout of equipment.

SeaShine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting things to a certain point where I can kick back and enjoy the tank more than I'm worrying about something (e.g., aiptasia, bristle worms, a goby flashing against the sand less than two weeks before vacation)....

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 43 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 155 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.1%
Back