First Online Fish Order - Help!

  • Thread starter Thread starter rcpiv93
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

rcpiv93

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 6, 2025
Messages
280
Reaction score
251
Location
Colorado
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got an order of fish from Dr. Reef today. Two of the wrasses are extremely stressed. The exquisite wrasse was upside down in the bag.

Other than following standard acclimation processes (as outlined by Dr. Reef) is there anything I can do to help them recover? Or do I just keep the lights out and check on them in the morning?
20250605_142731.png


20250605_142737.png
 
Have you reached out to Dr Reef yet?

Beyond what you've already done, I'd say reducing the lights and leaving them be to settle in may be your best course of action.
 
Have you reached out to Dr Reef yet?

Beyond what you've already done, I'd say reducing the lights and leaving them be to settle in may be your best course of action.
I have. I was just getting as many opinions as possible. I will leave them be and update everyone as time passes.

I’m also going to g to do a complete review of my experience with Dr. Reef when all is said and done. So keep an eye out for that!
 
Hopefully everything turns out good! Shipping wrasses (and many other fish) can be stressful.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new