Reef Racket

Reef Racket

Reef Racket LLC
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
***UPDATE***
Finally got the IceCap K1 Nano Skimmer!!
Fits so well in this tank. Able to fit the heater, return pump, and the skimmer all in the center chamber!!! Only thing visible in the Display is the wet side MP10’s (no cords) and the small thermometer sensor! Can’t get batter than that!
8CD2A2F1-9768-4B28-826B-89AF58D2A258.jpeg

825943D4-D730-4D21-97B4-02CB32322175.jpeg

D3B9A9EA-C004-450B-AF9D-A05084CCD26F.jpeg

So SLEEK!

OP
OP
Reef Racket

Reef Racket

Reef Racket LLC
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That thing has a really nice design. What lights come with it? Are you using different Lights?
Thank you!! I use the stock light that comes with the tank kit (fluval marine 3.0 LED 42wat) but it allows space for second one that you have to order separately.

The tank info can be found here>>>> https://fluvalaquatics.com/us/flex-32/

OP
OP
Reef Racket

Reef Racket

Reef Racket LLC
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@cLoWDy where do you run your cables so the lid closes properly? Are you getting decent water flow with your powerhead placement?
flow is great with the off set placement on either side... are you using mp10's as well?
also, for the cords there is a little "hook" near the the filer area underneath the hood for the light cords... the rest i just have coming out off the center chamber in the back.... for the powerheads they come with awesome little sicky mounts for the outer cords with zip ties. let me know if you want any pics!

#R_TST

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
flow is great with the off set placement on either side... are you using mp10's as well?
also, for the cords there is a little "hook" near the the filer area underneath the hood for the light cords... the rest i just have coming out off the center chamber in the back.... for the powerheads they come with awesome little sicky mounts for the outer cords with zip ties. let me know if you want any pics!
I have a Jebao FBA_SW-2 Wave Maker with Controller, 132-660 GPH and am getting a second one as well as upgrading my pump to a Sicce Syncra 1.5. I do have the intank chambers and RFGs on the current pump.

Attachments

• 20201201_120658.jpg
    20201201_120658.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 354
OP
OP
Reef Racket

Reef Racket

Reef Racket LLC
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Jebao FBA_SW-2 Wave Maker with Controller, 132-660 GPH and am getting a second one as well as upgrading my pump to a Sicce Syncra 1.5. I do have the intank chambers and RFGs on the current pump.
that lookes great!! i actually started with some similar wavemakers myself. however i had trouble getting the flow directions i wanted when placing them both toward the back corners and aiming them towards the front almost "diagonally" since the cords are a pain if u place them on the middle of the sides of the tank. that why i decided to just pay for the mp10's to have the cords on the outside since the flow pattern and the direction is easier for me to get what im looking for. but, if ur having luck with the way your powerheads are placed then no need to spend the extra cash on these expensive things... i just count not position the others the way i wanted and fought with the cords on a daily basis haha and lost the battle eventually. if you check out my build thread theres some other pictures of my setup as well!! enjoy the tank!! i love it!

OP
OP
Reef Racket

Reef Racket

Reef Racket LLC
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

chizerbunoi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks good. That tank design is nice. What was the powerhead for and where are you using it? For mixing salt?

marcwjj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s a picture with more white light for a better view of the rock layout.

D331EB47-53F9-4E1B-AC3A-54AA47B6283E.jpeg
Tank looks awesome, I have the same tank and should update my build thread as well now that I’ve added corals and nems.

one question: how’s your red starfish doing? I’ve had no luck with a Bali star and red fromia star that I ordered online, both of them melting away in a few days after arrival...

OP
OP
Reef Racket

Reef Racket

Reef Racket LLC
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks awesome, I have the same tank and should update my build thread as well now that I’ve added corals and nems.

one question: how’s your red starfish doing? I’ve had no luck with a Bali star and red fromia star that I ordered online, both of them melting away in a few days after arrival...
actually ive had similar experiences lost a red and a blue star. the red melted away as well but the blue lichinia star lasted almost two months and i believe he was just two big and my tank was not dirty enough for him. i have a few nano serpent stars that have done really well and will be getting more. also, my sand sifting star has lasted 3 months and just now i seen a small chunk of one leg missing like something took a bite out. not sure what caused this i know my fish did not do it and it has only gotten better since. from what ive read starfish dont live long in most aquariums, im guessing because we keep them to clean. hope this helped!!

marcwjj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
actually ive had similar experiences lost a red and a blue star. the red melted away as well but the blue lichinia star lasted almost two months and i believe he was just two big and my tank was not dirty enough for him. i have a few nano serpent stars that have done really well and will be getting more. also, my sand sifting star has lasted 3 months and just now i seen a small chunk of one leg missing like something took a bite out. not sure what caused this i know my fish did not do it and it has only gotten better since. from what ive read starfish dont live long in most aquariums, im guessing because we keep them to clean. hope this helped!!
Thanks for the reply! yeah same experience - I have a few serpent and brittle sea stars that came with the live rocks and they all seem to have prospered well in the tank.

Well, I actually could never see their torso, but their legs are definitely outgrowing the caves they are in :)

Interestingly the spaghetti worms seem to be doing really well in the tank.

I might try a linckia blue star one more time if I find one in LFS, now that the water parameters are more stable and the tank has matured a bit more.

Blcard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you feel like the upgraded return pump made the built in filter chambers work well? I have had this for just over a year and the filtration seems really lacking. Considering a canister filter as we speak.

marcwjj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you feel like the upgraded return pump made the built in filter chambers work well? I have had this for just over a year and the filtration seems really lacking. Considering a canister filter as we speak.
I found the flow and filtration works way better since I upgraded to Jebao DCP1500 , you should notice the water level becoming lower in the filter chamber .

PXL_20210105_013352762.jpg

marcwjj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@cLoWDy how do you feel about the nano skimmer being useful / necessary? I've got my water parameters to be quite stable in my fluval at this point , and I'm finding that with the filter media , chaeto, and a small UV it seems pretty effective and the skimmer is the one that requires some constant tweaking even with ATO installed , so I'm wondering if it's okay to run without the nano skimmer.

OP
OP
Reef Racket

Reef Racket

Reef Racket LLC
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@cLoWDy how do you feel about the nano skimmer being useful / necessary? I've got my water parameters to be quite stable in my fluval at this point , and I'm finding that with the filter media , chaeto, and a small UV it seems pretty effective and the skimmer is the one that requires some constant tweaking even with ATO installed , so I'm wondering if it's okay to run without the nano skimmer.
Ive read that some agree a UV will be almost as effective as a Skimmer. It also has to do with your bio load. if you have a lot of fish, or if your having pH problems then i would recommend the skimmer for both bio load and oxygenating the water. im not too familiar with UV but i just purchased one as i recent got a fish/invert containing ich and im going to use the UV for treatment purposes. But, i can tell you that skimmer has worked wonders for me and im consistently cleaning some pretty nasty stuff out of it every 3 days or so. However, if your not having any issues then i would go with the "if its not broken dont fix it" train of thought. sounds like your doing good and consistency is always key so keep it up!!

I do feel like the combination of the inTank Baskets (upgrade) and the Return Pump (upgrade) are an absolute MUST. the inTank Baskets come with the "flow Directors" as said before and REALLY make and improvement on flow and filtration!!

Back