First Reef Tank - Fluval Flex 32.5 Gallon Build

Fishyj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I just ordered my second light the other day. I plan on keeping soft and lps also. What fish and how many are you stocking?

OP
OP
Reef Racket

Reef Racket

Reef Racket LLC
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I just ordered my second light the other day. I plan on keeping soft and lps also. What fish and how many are you stocking?
ill have a golden dwarf angel, six line wrass, 2 clowns, and a diamond goby for the sand bed.

OP
OP
Reef Racket

Reef Racket

Reef Racket LLC
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
***UPDATE***
ACD975B1-2FBD-48A9-BF30-D23E22F1E3AA.jpeg
59ACB5F5-3300-4E25-B930-8662CEE83224.jpeg
D3AD0A04-3BCB-47CF-B4E6-F57ADD527ED2.jpeg

Pictures taken with the Mobil Orphek lens!

OP
OP
Reef Racket

Reef Racket

Reef Racket LLC
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So beautifull. Running two lights? And enough light for acans, duncans etc. on the bottom?
Thank you! That’s correct two lights stock lights! My Duncan went from 2 to 7 heads in about 6 months! I believe my light schedule and settings are on here... but here they are if not!
6D531665-8423-4A92-9041-CDF311FC32E5.png

This is the settings for both lights and I’ve had great success!
Hope this helps!

norner

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! That’s correct two lights stock lights! My Duncan went from 2 to 7 heads in about 6 months! I believe my light schedule and settings are on here... but here they are if not!
6D531665-8423-4A92-9041-CDF311FC32E5.png

This is the settings for both lights and I’ve had great success!
Hope this helps!
Looks perfect. And no heat issues with these settings? I might crank up the Whites a bit for my SPS!

OP
OP
Reef Racket

Reef Racket

Reef Racket LLC
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks perfect. And no heat issues with these settings? I might crank up the Whites a bit for my SPS!

personally i don't have heat issues but i removed the whole back piece that covers the chambers and i leave the feeding lid open... i get goo air circulation in the room as well and windows are always open to ensure the skimmer pulls in fresh air! during the summer i would just prop the hood in the front like half an inch or so... my heater is set at exactly 79 and my current temp is exactly that. i keep the heater in the center chamber so newly heated water gets dispersed into the tank and doesn't create a still hot spot and shut off. Good Luck!!

norner

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
personally i don't have heat issues but i removed the whole back piece that covers the chambers and i leave the feeding lid open... i get goo air circulation in the room as well and windows are always open to ensure the skimmer pulls in fresh air! during the summer i would just prop the hood in the front like half an inch or so... my heater is set at exactly 79 and my current temp is exactly that. i keep the heater in the center chamber so newly heated water gets dispersed into the tank and doesn't create a still hot spot and shut off. Good Luck!!
Sounds good. I think i will take of the back part as well. and eventually install a fan if necessary. Im at 79 now as well, so interested in how much an extra will implicate. But i am thinking of bumping down the whites with to lights, so hope that will helk lower the temperature as well :)

OP
OP
Reef Racket

Reef Racket

Reef Racket LLC
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds good. I think i will take of the back part as well. and eventually install a fan if necessary. Im at 79 now as well, so interested in how much an extra will implicate. But i am thinking of bumping down the whites with to lights, so hope that will helk lower the temperature as well :)
awesome! let me know how it goes!

mforde

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two VorTech MP10’s off set on the Lagoon setting running on sync.
544C6232-D0E3-4659-B154-3EAE1F552F4E.jpeg
13F578FE-D5FA-4C25-9586-48930A40669E.jpeg
I know this is an old post but do you remember what % your mp10s were at? I have the same tank and 2 mp10s and I’m having a heck of a time getting just the right amount of flow, it’s either way too much or too little.

OP
OP
Reef Racket

Reef Racket

Reef Racket LLC
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an old post but do you remember what % your mp10s were at? I have the same tank and 2 mp10s and I’m having a heck of a time getting just the right amount of flow, it’s either way too much or too little.
I don’t remember exactly what I used as far as settings unfortunately. But I would just make sure they are toward the top and off set (the left one is closer to the front and the right one closer to the back). I would start on “lagoon” setting at about 30% or 3 lights illuminated. Let me know how this does. I also directed the left return outlet down towards the left and right one up towards the surface for gas’s exchange. So the return is not sending flow to any Corals but more for circulation of the sand to the left and surface tension for the right! Good luck!

mforde

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t remember exactly what I used as far as settings unfortunately. But I would just make sure they are toward the top and off set (the left one is closer to the front and the right one closer to the back). I would start on “lagoon” setting at about 30% or 3 lights illuminated. Let me know how this does. I also directed the left return outlet down towards the left and right one up towards the surface for gas’s exchange. So the return is not sending flow to any Corals but more for circulation of the sand to the left and surface tension for the right! Good luck!
Okay thanks.

Jw_is_reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Jebao FBA_SW-2 Wave Maker with Controller, 132-660 GPH and am getting a second one as well as upgrading my pump to a Sicce Syncra 1.5. I do have the intank chambers and RFGs on the current pump.
Hey do you still have this tank running? Can you post pictures please?

OP
OP
Reef Racket

Reef Racket

Reef Racket LLC
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which one I really need one I have a bad Dino outbreak
Since this was a few years ago I’m not positive which one I used. There is a few on Amazon if you search “11W UV Sterilizer Aquarium” and the come with no sleeve or cover so I slid it in the center back chamber and then used the cover back there. Here is an updated option I now use one of our frag tanks:

Hope this helps! You can run this as needed since it’s so user friendly and mobile. Also it won’t look the best so once it’s done it’s job you can remove and then just run it for a couple days when adding new corals or fish for extra protection

Good luck!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back