OP
C

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to LFS and bought a Hammer coral frag. Didn't expect to get it. I went to get a fish and ended up with coral and no fish. I was thinking of getting a green clown goby but I think I might have the LFS order 2 wheelers shrimp gobies for me soon instead. The hammer is a light purple color. I'll try to get better pics. When I got it yesterday I got it home and dipped it so it was pretty mad all night and I was busy today with the family so I only got a pic before the lights came on this morning and in blue light. But ill post the morning pic. I like it though and it was really cheap for the LFS prices.
20210404_091135.jpg

JL15219

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to LFS and bought a Hammer coral frag. Didn't expect to get it. I went to get a fish and ended up with coral and no fish. I was thinking of getting a green clown goby but I think I might have the LFS order 2 wheelers shrimp gobies for me soon instead. The hammer is a light purple color. I'll try to get better pics. When I got it yesterday I got it home and dipped it so it was pretty mad all night and I was busy today with the family so I only got a pic before the lights came on this morning and in blue light. But ill post the morning pic. I like it though and it was really cheap for the LFS prices.
20210404_091135.jpg
Lol I was actually of thinking of getting the green clown goby then changed my mind to a wheeler goby....maybe a yellow Watchman

OP
OP
C

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol I was actually of thinking of getting the green clown goby then changed my mind to a wheeler goby....maybe a yellow Watchman
Well watchmen are like twice the price of the wheelers and I feel like everyone has a watchmen so I might have them order the wheelers for me. Plus I can get them to order 2 small ones and make them a pair (hopefully).

OP
OP
C

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also I said I bought a Hammer coral but I'm pretty sure its a torch coral and they were calling it a hammer. I dont really care. It was the right price. I think it looks like a silver tip torch. But whatever. They may have thought it was a hammer bc it wasnt extended but for $40 I didn't care either way. I'll get better pics tomorrow. They had plenty of hammers there and this looked like a torch and when I asked how much the torch was and she said it was a hammer I didn't care. Lol I knew the price was right. Euphyllia is what it is. Lol

JL15219

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well watchmen are like twice the price of the wheelers and I feel like everyone has a watchmen so I might have them order the wheelers for me. Plus I can get them to order 2 small ones and make them a pair (hopefully).
Oh really didn't realize the Watchman are twice the price but yeah I've noticed many people have them....the wheelers are really nice....are you also planning on getting a shrimp?

JL15219

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also I said I bought a Hammer coral but I'm pretty sure its a torch coral and they were calling it a hammer. I dont really care. It was the right price. I think it looks like a silver tip torch. But whatever. They may have thought it was a hammer bc it wasnt extended but for $40 I didn't care either way. I'll get better pics tomorrow. They had plenty of hammers there and this looked like a torch and when I asked how much the torch was and she said it was a hammer I didn't care. Lol I knew the price was right. Euphyllia is what it is. Lol
Yeah as long as you're happy with it lol....can't wait to start adding corals to my tank too

OP
OP
C

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh really didn't realize the Watchman are twice the price but yeah I've noticed many people have them....the wheelers are really nice....are you also planning on getting a shrimp?
The store has about 5 or 6 shrimp to pick from if I get the wheelers I would probably get them the shrimp bc I don't have anything else he should be able to kill at this moment. But I might not get the shrimp right away and I would definitely not get it till I saw what the size of the wheelers they got in were. The pistol shrimps they have range from small to large. I would want it to match the wheelers size.

JL15219

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The store has about 5 or 6 shrimp to pick from if I get the wheelers I would probably get them the shrimp bc I don't have anything else he should be able to kill at this moment. But I might not get the shrimp right away and I would definitely not get it till I saw what the size of the wheelers they got in were. The pistol shrimps they have range from small to large. I would want it to match the wheelers size.
5 or 6 different kinds?

OP
OP
C

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went and picked up a couple pieces of coral from a local reefer yesterday. I grabbed some green star polyps on a rock and a branch with about 10 or 11 blue mushrooms. Very happy with them. Everything was opened today when I got home from work.

20210410_143350.jpg

These mushrooms are before they fully opened in the tank
20210410_183602.jpg

GSP when half opened yesterday.
20210411_215233.jpg

Full tank shot when I got home. Blues were on ill try to get a good shot sometime with whites on.
20210410_214354.jpg

20210410_214404.jpg

Mushroom rock when it was more open last night.

Everything looks good. I am probably done adding coral for a little while unless I find another leather I need. Or if I find some pulsing xenia. Sometime in the next couple weeks I might order some new fish. We will see.

OP
OP
C

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't updated in a couple weeks. The tank is doing fairly well. The Anemone has moved. I changed the lighting schedule and I dont think it liked the extra light. Everyone else did though so o well. Hopefully he adjusts. The mushrooms and green star polyps I added a couple weeks ago are doing great. I saw a mushroom floating around the tank the other day not sure where it landed maybe ill have some growing elsewhere soon. Maybe not. The Duncan now has 5 heads from the 1 I started with 3ish months ago. The kenya tree is huge compared to the little frag I got. I found a clam of some sort growing on one of my Trochus snails today. I thought that was kinda cool. I have been adding phytoplankton to the tank for about 2 months now and it seems to be helping the tank As well. I am thinking of ordering some new fish in the coming weeks. The clownfish need new friends.

20210423_163024.jpg

The clam on the snail

20210423_165919.jpg

Green star polyps looking good.

20210423_165928.jpg

Some of the mushrooms. There are quite a few coming up under the big ones.

20210423_170545.jpg

Kenya tree is huge compared to the small thing I paid a couple bucks for.

20210423_170553.jpg

The leather has grown as well.

20210423_170612.jpg

The Duncan has its one big polyp two smaller ones and two new heads growing. He eats like a monster. I have been too busy to feed regularly but I think he would eat as much as I gave him.

So those are updates on some of the tank mates. The Cyphastrea I moved around awhile and finally found a spot its polyps are extended and looks happy. The blastos havent added any new heads yet but they do seem to be growing. The hammer hasn't really been eating when I tried to feed it but it doesn't seem unhappy.

OP
OP
C

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well woke up this morning to my tank leaking! It was not fun. 630am tank leaking. It had just started. I cleaned the tank yesterday and did a waterchange. I'm guessing I scrapped a little too hard near the seams and one just started to leak this morning. I checked and the stand and tank were level so there wasn't too much pressure anywhere and it didn't crack just a leak. So I immediately put a 5 gallon bucket next to the tank and diverted any water leakage to the bucket and headed to lowes to get a 30 gallon plastic container. When I got back I moved over all the rock and coral, Corralled the fish, and got some sand out to put in the bottom on the container for the snails. I moved all the water over I could and began making some more. The filter and a light bar fit right on the container. I threw a powerhead in there for some circulation. I then went to petco and bought another tank. Luckily they had a 50% off sale. I will probably leave everyone in the container alone till tonight or tomorrow tonight I have to work the next couple of days. Everything seems to be coming out now with the lights on so hopefully everyone is happy enough. WHAT A MORNING! Here is a picture of the current setup.
20210505_105911.jpg
20210505_105022.jpg

Reefbuds

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh no! At least you caught it in time. Everything should be fine, just do the transition as quickly and efficiently as possible. Try to not stress anything out more than necessary and you should be good. Lookin good tho!

OP
OP
C

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh no! At least you caught it in time. Everything should be fine, just do the transition as quickly and efficiently as possible. Try to not stress anything out more than necessary and you should be good. Lookin good tho!
Thanks! Everything moved over fine. Ive got probably 10lbs of sand staying wet in a 5gallon bucket. I didn't want to cloud up the water too much. I think Everything is happy. All the coral came out and opened up except my leather but I think its shedding anyway. So all in all not Terrible just a long morning.

JL15219

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well woke up this morning to my tank leaking! It was not fun. 630am tank leaking. It had just started. I cleaned the tank yesterday and did a waterchange. I'm guessing I scrapped a little too hard near the seams and one just started to leak this morning. I checked and the stand and tank were level so there wasn't too much pressure anywhere and it didn't crack just a leak. So I immediately put a 5 gallon bucket next to the tank and diverted any water leakage to the bucket and headed to lowes to get a 30 gallon plastic container. When I got back I moved over all the rock and coral, Corralled the fish, and got some sand out to put in the bottom on the container for the snails. I moved all the water over I could and began making some more. The filter and a light bar fit right on the container. I threw a powerhead in there for some circulation. I then went to petco and bought another tank. Luckily they had a 50% off sale. I will probably leave everyone in the container alone till tonight or tomorrow tonight I have to work the next couple of days. Everything seems to be coming out now with the lights on so hopefully everyone is happy enough. WHAT A MORNING! Here is a picture of the current setup.
20210505_105911.jpg
20210505_105022.jpg
Oh wow! I dream of this happening to me all the time. Glad you didn't have any losses. Hopefully you get everything setup soon with no problems....post some pics of the new setup when you get everything setup.

OP
OP
C

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh wow! I dream of this happening to me all the time. Glad you didn't have any losses. Hopefully you get everything setup soon with no problems....post some pics of the new setup when you get everything setup.
I will. I dont mind the temporary setup. It will probably be a couple of days. I have a lot of work to do before I have the time. Everyone seems happy anyway. I'm just glad I woke up to it before it dumped 30gal in my floor.

OP
OP
C

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well everyone is still happy in the 30 gallon plastic temporary tank. If anything the coral is doing better than before. The Anemone isn't very happy but everyone else is fine. The snails are a little more hungry than normal with their being less algae in this new plastic set up but they've still got plenty of rocks to keep clean. All in all I'm okay with the setup. They might have to stay in it till next Sat or Sunday bc I'm not sure I have the time to setup a tank all week with work.
20210507_122748.jpg

JL15219

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well everyone is still happy in the 30 gallon plastic temporary tank. If anything the coral is doing better than before. The Anemone isn't very happy but everyone else is fine. The snails are a little more hungry than normal with their being less algae in this new plastic set up but they've still got plenty of rocks to keep clean. All in all I'm okay with the setup. They might have to stay in it till next Sat or Sunday bc I'm not sure I have the time to setup a tank all week with work.
20210507_122748.jpg
That's good that mostly everyone seems happy....the corals are probably getting more par since the container is a little more shallow...

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back