First time Blur Tang and I need your help!

MontyNowAReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, last week I purchased a blue tang and at the time of purchase, there was nothing wrong with it. Today, I noticed that it appears to have white spots on its body. However, I'm not entirely certain. When viewed from a specific angle, it seems like there are spots, but from another angle, it appears as if there's nothing there. I am uploading some pictures and videos for reference. Could you please let me know if this is ich or something else? I have a quarantine tank, but there are other fish in the display tank. Is there a way to eliminate ich, or whatever it may be, from the display tank? By the way, there are corals in the display tank. There needs to be a treatment that does not harm them.Thanks all...

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-20 at 15.13.23.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2024-02-20 at 14.48.05.jpeg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, last week I purchased a blue tang and at the time of purchase, there was nothing wrong with it. Today, I noticed that it appears to have white spots on its body. However, I'm not entirely certain. When viewed from a specific angle, it seems like there are spots, but from another angle, it appears as if there's nothing there. I am uploading some pictures and videos for reference. Could you please let me know if this is ich or something else? I have a quarantine tank, but there are other fish in the display tank. Is there a way to eliminate ich, or whatever it may be, from the display tank? By the way, there are corals in the display tank. There needs to be a treatment that does not harm them.Thanks all...

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-20 at 15.13.23.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2024-02-20 at 14.48.05.jpeg
Sorry - the pics aren’t clear enough for me to make a solid ID. I do see some spots that could well be ich.

The best treatment would be coppersafe in a treatment tank. If you can’t do that, you could try ich management:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back