Fish Aggression - Angel Fish and Clown fish

HildebrandRarity

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning everyone :) Have a situation in the tank, for the past several weeks my tank has been going great and everyone getting along, I have a pair of clownfish - 1 Koran angel, Royal gramma and a file fish - The angel used to be a tiny aggressive but got along with everyone very well, Now it looks like the tables have turned and one of the clowfish is extremely aggressive towards the angel? Any ideas whats going on? Mayby the clownfish laid eggs and is protecting the larger fish from them? What do you guys think I may have to give the angel away as its fins are already getting damaged

#reefsquad

Alex808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dealing with the same thing right now. Flame angel has been in my tank for a few months and just lately the clownfish have become aggressive toward it vise versa.

OP
OP
HildebrandRarity

HildebrandRarity

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dealing with the same thing right now. Flame angel has been in my tank for a few months and just lately the clownfish have become aggressive toward it vise versa.
Always learning something new :) anyways it’s pretty wild to see a small clownfish picking on a large angelfish

OP
OP
HildebrandRarity

HildebrandRarity

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tried to catch the angelfish today but it was hard, didn’t want to give the guy a heart attack will try again soon

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Observe the clowns closely. If they have a batch of eggs, they should be hovering around them much of the time, especially the smaller male. The eggs might be hidden on a rock behind an anemone, but the male fish will stay pretty close.

OP
OP
HildebrandRarity

HildebrandRarity

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Observe the clowns closely. If they have a batch of eggs, they should be hovering around them much of the time, especially the smaller male. The eggs might be hidden on a rock behind an anemone, but the male fish will stay pretty close.
I will watch them but from what it seems the clown just chases the angel around attacking him at any opportunity

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 104 80.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.7%
Back