Fish aggression/psychology question

Glenn Siegel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a large Lamark aggression/psychology question. I put him in my 300g tank after that prior owner rehomed him due to aggression issues in his smaller tank.

He would occasionally chase my female bellus angel but no big issue (at the time the Lamark was the last fish added). I then had an opportunity to add a really nice healthy regal angel. The first day the lamark was relentlessly bullying him so I was able to catch him and he has been in an acclimation box. The regal has been doing great ever since.

My dilemma is do I release the Lamark and hope that the time out and seeing the regal swim around the tank for nearly a week will relieve the aggression, or do I just rehome him while I have him contained (not the easiest to catch).

What do my fish psychologist friends here think?
Thanks!

JayA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I vote to release the Lamark at sundown/night, immediately feed a heavy meal, and lights out, and feed heavy again when your tank wakes up in the morning, observe closely that day. Maybe feed more heavily for a few days.

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My plan in that scenario would be to get rid of the lamark while I had it captured. A nice regal is one of my dream fish so I’m biased.

OP
OP
G

Glenn Siegel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My plan in that scenario would be to get rid of the lamark while I had it captured. A nice regal is one of my dream fish so I’m biased.
DA634EB6-C794-43FC-A2C8-9432E0A574F9.jpeg

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back