Fish Fanatics

fishfanatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey anybody out there interested in being on TV (no catch, this is serious). If you are, here’s the deal:

A production company that I am involved with is putting together a pilot episode of a show called “Fish Fanatics†which is going to be marketed to the networks.

Here in a nutshell is the idea of the show: The basic concept of the show would be each week we would feature different people from around the world who have spent a lot of time and money to have really cool fish setups (aquariums, ponds, water features). The show could also include special features from celebrities who are really into fish and fish tanks, do different segments such as fresh water vs. saltwater, what types of fish are the best, on how to start your own and what would be good for you. Basically have a show where a “hip host†goes from town to town after people submit their pictures to see if they qualify to be a “fish fanaticâ€. If they qualify the hip host travels do their house and checks out all of there stuff, talks with them, makes it entertaining to wow everyone in the audience. That in short is a rough idea. Obviously there would be more to it because there is a whole world of fish out there.

Please contact me if you are interested. Thank you. :bigsmile:

SmokeyCFH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not a bad idea but do you see this being on for a while? If anything the best thing to do would be have an "online" show, i think more people would view it and it would be easier for the folks actually searching for aquarium things instead of having to go to animal planet and have to watch through the abomination we call TANKED. I like the idea and I think it could work, just not for very long. That's just my honest opinion and the only thing I have backing that up is the fact that I watch a TON of television especially shows having to do with fish or animals.

I look forward to updates!

cdness

2006 - Present
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interested, sure. But unfortunately in order for it to be at the level of network television I would not be all that entertaining... I am thinking you'd be better off looking for those with massive systems or multiple aquariums with loads of fish and corals. I am just a hobbiest with an average aquarium... Noone wants to see that ;)

While I do find Tanked entertaining, I watch it with entertainment in mind. It sounds like you have the idea to have the entertainment as well as some additional information related to the inner workings of what it takes to keep these tanks alive. I think that is a great idea. Viable as a long term TV show though I don't know as I'd have to see the pilot episode.

I think if you mixed it up with the crazy cool tanks people have along with the really elaborate breeding and aquaculture facilities you just may have a winner. If you cannot get the "wow" factor though to keep people wondering what you will show next, it will be a short season.

I will say though, I'll watch the show so you better let me know when it pilots ;)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!! Don't forget to add us feasts to your show!

Back