• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Fish food deicer

  • USA 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Emon
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Emon

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 29, 2019
Messages
119
Reaction score
90
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning everyone. I wanted to know if anyone knows where I can get a fish food deicer? I don’t know if I am explaining it correctly but, what I want to achieve is to put a frozen cube in my tank and let it melt in something stationary without the cube going down my overflow. Thanks in advance for any input
 
I got one from @AlgaeBarn the other day. I absolutely love it! Drop it in and it will slowly defrost and release in the tank. It releases slowly enough that you can still soak your food in an immune booster or something like selcon without it releasing in the tank too. The fish love it too. I’ll try to post a video when I feed today.


https://www.algaebarn.com/shop/aquarium-supplies/gourmet-defroster-pro/
 

Attachments

  • F7440783-A822-4B4E-91FB-9700437862E5.png
    F7440783-A822-4B4E-91FB-9700437862E5.png
    426.7 KB · Views: 65
Here’s a video. It’s on a magnet so you can adjust to your water level and have it defrost however fast or slow you’d like.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6361.MOV
    64.7 MB
yes I made some changes to it though so it's more adjustable with the upper holes. Unless you are looking some just a feeder ring with wide open bottomhttps://www.reef2reef.com/threads/frozen-feeder-for-euro-braced-tank.764745/

This one is designed to attach to a euro brace tank. Could make one for rimless too.
No magnets to rust.
I like the “no rust” !!, I had an issue with some magnets I bought from Amazon. They said that the magnets are waterproof but, after an Icp test I checked the magnets and they did start to rust. Long story short a lot of my SPS died and now I am very cautious with adding magnets to my tank ‍♂️
 
Here’s a video. It’s on a magnet so you can adjust to your water level and have it defrost however fast or slow you’d like.
I wasn’t able to see the video, I am very interested to see how it works, thanks
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new