Fish grouping

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

steveohish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I have a question it seems all my fish are hanging out at one end of the tank I had 2 power heads alternating every hour but I couldn’t get the one end to work well with my hammer so I cut it off and my coral seem a lot calmer meaning they are not getting blasted all the time, but all my fish seem to want to stay on one side my clowns swim around occasionally but my, I’m wondering if my power head is maybe to much, I have a 55 gallon and the pumps say they are good for 55 to 75 gallons so turning one off seems smart should I invest in smaller power heads and should I get 2 or just 1?

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It isn't too uncommon for fish to change their swimming patterns when the flow within the tank changes dramatically. As long as they aren't visibly struggling to swim and you like how the new flow pattern is hitting your corals, giving the fish time to adjust might be the best move here. @revhtree and @mdsbannister, any chance we could move this thread to the general forum to see what the larger community thinks?

OP
OP
S

steveohish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean yeah I’d love to hear some ideas and thanks for the reply

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crazy question, but is that the area you feed them in?

My fish see me and flock to the corner I put the food in. I use a cup to soak my food in Selcon. I let the cup rest on top of my tank until the Selcon is soaked in.they all see the cup. I think if my Vlamingi could go thru the glass to the cup he would.

Just a thought.

OP
OP
S

steveohish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I usually feed around the middle, middle left but they seem to hang around the right side

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 32 27.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 41 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.3%
Back