Fixing an EB832 with non-functional outlets but does have functional indicator lights

OP
OP
MadeForThat

MadeForThat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@2mk perhaps we should move the DOS repair to a new thread.... If you could make a thread with what information you have collected so far, and then @ me there and we can discuss it! The one you linked is almost certainly the Neptune supplier....

I am really glad there are more sellers offering the part now, definitely easiest if amazon supplies!

2mk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@2mk perhaps we should move the DOS repair to a new thread.... If you could make a thread with what information you have collected so far, and then @ me there and we can discuss it! The one you linked is almost certainly the Neptune supplier....

I am really glad there are more sellers offering the part now, definitely easiest if amazon supplies!
Ok. I created the thread and @ you to it. It's titled DOS Repair. All comments and advice are appreciated.

Last edited:

joaocdestro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same issue here, commands ok and indicators lights (on and off), but partial outlets without energy.
Solved: After delete EB832 from my dashboard in https://apexfusion.com/ , and reconfiguring, it works fine until now... but I will not trust any more on my energy bar, afraid to travel now...
After 6 months, same problem again, now I purchased a 12v psu to try this solution, tks for everyone

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
MadeForThat

MadeForThat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@SVP Check the first page of this post, It might be able to help. Also check the mentioned thread made by
@_AV , that is a bit more involved, but can offer a better return on repair lifetime to the EB832

fishdude123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@SVP Check the first page of this post, It might be able to help. Also check the mentioned thread made by
@_AV , that is a bit more involved, but can offer a better return on repair lifetime to the EB832
Did you purchase any replacement power supply boards that you would like to sell? Not trying to wait 2-4 weeks for part to arrive.

OP
OP
MadeForThat

MadeForThat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@fishdude123 i did, but you may prefer to order off of amazon, they will get it to you faster. I would recommend doing the capacitor repair documented by @_AV unless you prefer a slightly easier (but not as steadfast) repair

Schwaggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What an awesome thread @MadeForThat ! Thank you!

I recently picked up an APEX with a "questionable" EB32. It is exhibiting the problem described in this thread, warning on the dashboard, DC ports click, AC do not.

I'm not willing to wait for parts from China - found these with Prime shipping and am going to give them a try. They have the same specs, same size and look like copies of the other listing. 2 for $10 worth a try. Will report back.

Last edited:

balajeek15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I recently picked up an APEX with a "questionable" EB32. It is exhibiting the problem described in this thread, warning on the dashboard, DC ports click, AC do not.

I'm not willing to wait for parts from China - found these with Prime shipping and am going to give them a try. They have the same specs, same size and look like copies of the other listing. 2 for $10 worth a try. Will report back.

Hey, I am in the same situation and Neptune asking me $200 to replace mine.
I am handy and would like to try to fix myself. Thanks for the link of amazon for the power supply, did you get and does it work for you, I wanted to order too.
thanks.

balajeek15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hey, I am in the same situation and Neptune asking me $200 to replace mine.
I am handy and would like to try to fix myself. Thanks for the link of amazon for the power supply, did you get and does it work for you, I wanted to order too.
thanks.

Schwaggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Those modules worked perfectly. The red LED is a bit bright and actually shines through the plastic so if you think that would bug you, either desolder the LED or maybe put some black tape over it.

I replaced the fan and it is not coming on. Anyone know why it wouldn't work? Are the temp controlled or something?

joaocdestro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same issue here, commands ok and indicators lights (on and off), but partial outlets without energy.
Solved: After delete EB832 from my dashboard in https://apexfusion.com/ , and reconfiguring, it works fine until now... but I will not trust any more on my energy bar, afraid to travel now...

I would like to thank the sponsors of this tread because with just basic soldering skills I could change the 12V power supply and now my EB is working perfectly! Now I can trust my aqua automation again.

I just want to recommend a solder suction to remove the old Power supply.

IMG_8751.JPG
IMG_8750.JPG
IMG_8747.JPG

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back