0   0   0
Ill advised purchase ....

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Novelty item.... not worth even buying. i'm surprised PETA hasn't stopped the sale of them bc its a 100% death rate bc they don't have constant nutrients passing by them like in nature

Geebs19

Give me all the Euphyllia
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had mine for about 6 months, pretty sure something eventually ate it. Mine was a pain, always moving and kicking up sand. Wont own one again.

AcroNem

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, I had to look up the ingredients. It has a lot of green phytoplankton in it, but also contains T. weissflogii. In what amount I have no idea, but it does have some Diatoms in it. Another thing that L. scabra feeds on frequently is copepod nauplii, but I haven't found a way or product that allows one to feed them in quantity.

AcroNem

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Novelty item.... not worth even buying. i'm surprised PETA hasn't stopped the sale of them bc its a 100% death rate bc they don't have constant nutrients passing by them like in nature

Only if you aren't properly caring for it. Which is true for anything hobbyists and Aquarists keep.

ToadstoolCoral155

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only if you aren't properly caring for it. Which is true for anything hobbyists and Aquarists keep.
I have a LOT of copepods, so I think I don't have to worry about that since they only partially feed on that, so it's easier to sustain the amount of larvae they need.

100% death rate? That's a bit absurd.

AcroNem

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a LOT of copepods, so I think I don't have to worry about that since they only partially feed on that, so it's easier to sustain the amount of larvae they need.

100% death rate? That's a bit absurd.

I totally agree. With the large amounts of phytoplankton being fed you'll have even more. I was just adding that comment because I forgot to mention it in my earlier replies.

And you're correct that comment was completely false. There's only a high death rate because people are either misinformed or refuse to provide proper care.

ToadstoolCoral155

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They also called it an "Item". it's an animal....
Agreed. It shouldn't be three dollars to be honest. I mean that would be an okay price to me if they made it so instead of say $30 PLUS buying absurd amounts of food they made it $3 and made you buy the food for it or something but I guess not.

And I'm dosing 3-4 internal caps 3 times a day of reef blend and 2 dosings of marine snow now, taking out my filter.

ToadstoolCoral155

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, I had to look up the ingredients. It has a lot of green phytoplankton in it, but also contains T. weissflogii. In what amount I have no idea, but it does have some Diatoms in it. Another thing that L. scabra feeds on frequently is copepod nauplii, but I haven't found a way or product that allows one to feed them in quantity.
So, what's your reccommended food products?

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 80 79.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.0%
Back