Flatworms

Lolleo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would this be a flatworm that could be killed by using flatworm exit? I currently have a sixline(been in for 2months) and a yellow coris wrasse(just added yesterday) but this population on my euphyllia keeps coming back and it kills like a head each month even when dipping every week for four weeks, they stop showing up and then like a month after they are back at it and at the same healthy population again and back to killing my torches.

What can I do at this point I get them off my euphyllia using coral rx dip and a little pipette to push water around in a bowl.

flatworms.jpg

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Where are you finding them on the torch? On the tenticles or more around the skeleton and flesh?

If they are EEFW Ya, those little guys are devils, and getting the eggs is the important part after you remove the actual worms.

They look like little orange balls and are laid between the heads and along the base of the flesh of the euphyllia.

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nothing kills the eggs they need to be manually removed.

Dipping in rx is good for the actual worms.

OP
OP
Lolleo

Lolleo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where are ypu findkng them on the torch? On the tenticles or more around the skeleton and flesh?

If they are EEFW Ya those little guys are devils and getting the eggs is the important part after you remove the actual worms.

They look like little orange balls and are laid between the heads and along the base of the flesh of the euphyllia.
Ya sadly on the torch and in the flesh like everywhere they just killed one of my torches overnight last night even after I dipped him again more got on him overnight and he has like half a head left of his three, he lost one like a month ago and then I was dipping every 5 days for like 4 weeks but I thought it was over but I was wrong and I forgot to scrape eggs :(. In the end its my bad :/ but oh well you live and learn.

pandaparties

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard of people successfully treating with fws but you have to be on top of it so you kill water spawns from the eggs. Lookup the egg cycle and do stop every couple weeks while also blowing them off daily. It's an uphill battle but there have been some triumphs around here. Sorry you have them, every reefers nightmare. Nuclear option is kcl dips and egg removal on every single coral every couple wrrks

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 133 59.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 28.8%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 79 35.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.4%
Back