Float Valve Troubles

Tuckersnopp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a auto shut off valve on my rodi unit and a float valve on my container. When its full the waste water shuts off like it should but once the pressure builds up on the float valve water continues to leak out. Is there a non electric solenoid or something I could add so it shuts off all the way? Or maybe a better float switch then what I have that wont leak once the pressure builds up a little? I only have 40 PSI at my house so its not like the pressure gets crazy high or anything.

Kazumi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or your auto shutoff isn't shutting clear off, and allowing some water through

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sounds like the "better float valve then what you have" is the quickest cheapest next try. I have a fair amount of back pressure and (knock on wood) haven't had a problem with an amazon mid priced option

that said, I have also installed a overflow drain on the smaller of 2 reservoirs that happened to be near a drain - I dream of consequences of equipment failures, and they are now pleasant dreams - smile

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few of these running for a couple years. If installed someplace that could get moisture, I would recommend sealing it up with some silicone. Look at the "top" of the unit and you will see what needs to be sealed. One of mine got some skimmer spray and it quit on me. Failed closed. Kinda cheaply made, but it has saved me from floods a couple times.

OP
OP
T

Tuckersnopp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sounds like the "better float valve then what you have" is the quickest cheapest next try. I have a fair amount of back pressure and (knock on wood) haven't had a problem with an amazon mid priced option

that said, I have also installed a overflow drain on the smaller of 2 reservoirs that happened to be near a drain - I dream of consequences of equipment failures, and they are now pleasant dreams - smile
Do you have a link for the float you bought?

outhouse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a auto shut off valve
There are 2 kinds. A manual one and an electric one. You want to use the electric one. manual ones do just that often. I have a pressure switch inline to my float, and that powers the inline cut off switch to the water main. So when pressure raises from the float, it shuts off the water and pump. Its also kept on a timer to run only an hour a day. Just about Impossible to screw up and overflow anything. You will want to replace your float as it should not leak, and skip the manual solenoid, they are not bullet proof

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 22 81.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 7.4%
Back