Fluval E heater / inkbird

ukminipainter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

Anybody running a Fluval E heater and InkBird combo ? I’ve just set mine up and Ive got a feeling it’s not gonna work (on and off , loosing 1 degree ) surely the E series Fluval maintains a temp so it doesn’t fluctuate by 1 degree ??? I’m thinking the E series heater isn’t designed to be turned on and off woth a controller

TIA

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should work with the controller, though I'd treat the controller more as a safety net if the heater sticks on rather than use it to turn the heater on/off
This. Just set the T1/T2 temperatures on the Inkbird higher and lower than your Fluval heater. Then the Fluval will turn itself on/off and the Inkbird is there as a backup in case it ever overheats.

Malcontent

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I measured it once and without digging around for the .csv file, I think the Fluval E was maintaining water temperature within 0.1 F.

There is a weird long delay when the heater initially powers on before it actually starts heating.

It also performs best with the plastic guard removed.

I use these heaters without a secondary controller because the electronic thermostat should fail off rather than on like a mechanical one.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back