Focustronic bulk replacement parts thread (Mastertronic / Alkatronic / Dosetronic)

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Who needs needles? I feel like the needle king right now :p

We're going to start by selling them in 100 lot packages @ $1.75/needle. If you're interested dm me. So a pack would be $175 + s&h.

Attachments

• PXL_20211230_140502167.jpg
    PXL_20211230_140502167.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 106

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey everyone, we've sold just over half of our stock of needles so far! If you're interested or thinking about it, you may want to consider doing it soon. Once we're out well place another order but I am not sure how long the turnaround time will be for that since the tooling is already made. We also haven't been sharing this broadly yet, once we do it'll generate more traffic for sure. We've sold a lot just through this post on r2r, which is great!

davbenav

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my MT today! :D

Went through the manual several times. Anyone know what/where this part goes?
1641232210709.jpeg
They are for the Peristaltic pump. The bushings that came with it have caused a loud noise for a lot of users so these are replacements. If you go onto the facebook "Focustronic's Owners Club" I think there are instruction on there on how to do this.

davbenav

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, we've sold just over half of our stock of needles so far! If you're interested or thinking about it, you may want to consider doing it soon. Once we're out well place another order but I am not sure how long the turnaround time will be for that since the tooling is already made. We also haven't been sharing this broadly yet, once we do it'll generate more traffic for sure. We've sold a lot just through this post on r2r, which is great!
Are you able to sell them in smaller batches?

Naturalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Biff0rz,

Please put me on the list for 100 needles, can pay in advance to secure my slot. Any ideas when you will receive more? Thanks

Fishnfun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd be interested in ordering a batch. I just paid the reefer tax on coralvue and would love to never pay it again. Although when I first got my alkatronic, the reagent 4L solutions were $100, and now they're half that. I'm hoping the price of the needles will come down, as well.

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'd be interested in ordering a batch. I just paid the reefer tax on coralvue and would love to never pay it again. Although when I first got my alkatronic, the reagent 4L solutions were $100, and now they're half that. I'm hoping the price of the needles will come down, as well.
I'm not too confident they will, I saw the same with the reagent. The reason they brought the reagent down is everyone started making their own and the community questioned them many times on how theirs was different...no answer (good ole FT).

Our needles will come down in price over time for sure, it'll just take some time.

socal_48

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not too confident they will, I saw the same with the reagent. The reason they brought the reagent down is everyone started making their own and the community questioned them many times on how theirs was different...no answer (good ole FT).

Our needles will come down in price over time for sure, it'll just take some time.
Add me to the list for a batch pls.

Fishnfun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received my replacement needles/syringes for the mastertronic today. The fact that they can charge $28 for this bag of $.50 worth of stuff is unbelievable. We really love our tanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I received my replacement needles/syringes for the mastertronic today. The fact that they can charge $28 for this bag of $.50 worth of stuff is unbelievable. We really love our tanks.
Which is why I went and worked to get custom needles made. I will say they cost a bit more than $0.50 due to needing a custom mold.

Btw, I'm considering sourcing a 18g vent needle. This would prevent the need to replace that needle so often and only requiring the main needle to be replaced. I'm not sure why FT decided to use the same needle size when that second one cannot be cleaned w the machine.

davbenav

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which is why I went and worked to get custom needles made. I will say they cost a bit more than $0.50 due to needing a custom mold.

Btw, I'm considering sourcing a 18g vent needle. This would prevent the need to replace that needle so often and only requiring the main needle to be replaced. I'm not sure why FT decided to use the same needle size when that second one cannot be cleaned w the machine.
Have you gotten a new shipment in?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 38 82.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.3%
Back