Focustronic bulk replacement parts thread (Mastertronic / Alkatronic / Dosetronic)

Enderg60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Enderg60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also just found these spacer/washer things to keep the mastertronic pumps from wearing out the tube so fast.

3D file is located here to print. Ill be trying them out shortly.

scottsweet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I'm actively working with the supplier now. We've made some small changes and it has to go back and forth a few times. They are quite busy and have faced shortage issues, so like most manufacturing these days, it's going slower than expected. My apologies. I do not have a good ETA as of today.
Any update on syringes? I posted another link on seeing how many people would buy syringes...but only have two votes... Huh...

sark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update on syringes? I posted another link on seeing how many people would buy syringes...but only have two votes... Huh...

I filled the survey. Hope others will too so we can buy in bulk and save

Bluedore

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, Anyone know where I can find the replacement white piece plastic needle guide part? Thanks.

Bluedore

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for checking! I was actually looking for this white plastic needle guide holder.

Attachments

• 96BF2742-B17B-426F-9E7D-6590A9F8BF47.png
    96BF2742-B17B-426F-9E7D-6590A9F8BF47.png
    328.7 KB · Views: 58

Enderg60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI...I found these items to replace the silicone in the vials.
1630515465750.png

I picked up that punch and found some "500x500x2mm silicone rubber sheet" on amazon. (use that to search since its random)

It looks like the stock ones are 2.5mm thick but it shouldnt matter. (Note comparison is with a brand new stock part)
NV6NxIc.jpg

GUk8afz.jpg

hN3qHK4.jpg

Overall they work great. If I didnt miss on that second row I could have gotten 9 full sets of 12. Total cost for 108, $28 shipped. VS $27.60 for a set of 12 on coralvue.

And here are my old caps after nearly 500 tests.

SPdnnjE.jpg

dnahas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A warning to those who are using Silicone without a liner.

I tried this and a few of them where destroyed, and disintegrate into the vial causing contamination and incorrect results. @robocop1906 @Enderg60

You should use 22 mm PTFE lined Silicone Septa. I found some cheap ones that where 3.17 mm thick... I think 2mm is the original size. Careful, not all Septa's are PTFE lined on both sides.

Thank you @sculpin01
FYI...I found these items to replace the silicone in the vials.
I picked up that punch and found some "500x500x2mm silicone rubber sheet" on amazon. (use that to search since its random)

It looks like the stock ones are 2.5mm thick but it shouldnt matter. (Note comparison is with a brand new stock part)

Overall they work great. If I didnt miss on that second row I could have gotten 9 full sets of 12. Total cost for 108, $28 shipped. VS $27.60 for a set of 12 on coralvue.

And here are my old caps after nearly 500 tests.

Also, it really needs to come with PTFE coated septum’s for all reagent bottles, as some reagents (nitric acid, notably) destroy the silicone septum’s causing contamination and incorrect results.

Last edited:

Enderg60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good info! I had forgotten that I had found some debris in a few vials a few months ago when refilling and thought it was precipitation or something. I tossed the reagent and that was that.

From what Sculphin01 said there the stock septums (So thats what they are called!) are not coated either. If all thats required is a PTFE coating, why not just add it? There are plenty of food safe PTFE sprays available.

To be honest, if I have to replace these every 3 months when topping off reagents, so be it. The PTFE lined ones linked are $1 each. So 1/3 the cost of the stock replacements but still up there in price.

If someone has actually gotten the lined ones and they last more than 2 years, Ill buy them.

@dnahas how long were yours in use before you saw them falling apart?

dnahas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If someone has actually gotten the lined ones and they last more than 2 years, Ill buy them.

@dnahas how long were yours in use before you saw them falling apart?
Silicone only septa lasted somewhere between 4-6 weeks, or the next time I opened it for some unrelated reason.

So far the PTFE lined septa is looking great at 4 weeks. ***Complete guess here, but I assume septa with PTFE on both sides would last longer.

FYI Septa Selection Guide To save you a click, for Nitric acid dilute the best ratings are: Synthetic rubber/PTFE, Gray chlorobutyl/PTFE, chlorobutyl, bromobutyl/PTFE, LDPE—Low-density polyethylene, HDPE—High-density polyethylene, PP—Polypropylene, PTFE—Polytetrafluoroethylene, and VITON. *I have no Idea what chemicals are in all of the test kits I am using.

Enderg60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What exactly does the deterioration look like so I can watch out for it?

And you mentioned cheaper ones that were 3mm? Do you have a link to those? Its not much thicker than the stock ones so I doubt the needles will have any issue poking it.

Miker79

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any luck sourcing a good septa? I see the search link above but I’m still confused

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 51.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back