FOR FUN: Novice Nemo, Coralline Crusader to a Reefing Guru, which one are you?

Novice Nemo, Coralline Crusader to a Reefing Guru, which one are you?

• Novice Nemo

Votes: 69 25.5%
  • Invertebrate Inspired

Votes: 19 7.0%
  • Coralline Crusader

Votes: 46 17.0%
  • Aquascaping Artist

Votes: 23 8.5%
  • Aqua Chemist

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • Frag Fanatic

Votes: 31 11.4%
  • Polyp Paparazzi

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • DIY Maestro

Votes: 22 8.1%
  • Coral Conservationist

Votes: 12 4.4%
  • Reefing Guru

Votes: 23 8.5%

• Total voters

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just for fun, which one are you? :p

1. The "Novice Nemo" level: You start with a small tank, a couple of clownfish, and dreams of creating a reef like an R2R Reef Of The Month one day.

2. The "Invertebrate Inspired" level: Shrimps, crabs, and snails find their way into your tank, adding diversity and intrigue. When the lights go off your flashlight goes on.

3. The "Coralline Crusader" level: Things start to get serious and you start to see PINK! Your tank graduates to coralline algae, and you begin to expand your coral collection.

4. The "Aquascaping Artist" level: You've mastered the art of arranging live rock, the rock walls are replaced with floating islands and negative aquaspace.

5. The "Aqua Chemist" level: Two Part is no match for you! Water parameters are a breeze, and maintaining a balanced and healthy aquatic environment is a challenge you look forward to.

6. The "Frag Fanatic" level: Fragments of coral become your obsession as you grow and propagate these underwater anaimals. You might even sell some to turn a profit.

7. The "Polyp Paparazzi" level: You are the photosynthetic photographer because you're always looking to snap the most amazing reef photos.

8. The "DIY Maestro" level: You've mastered the art of building your own equipment and creating custom solutions for your reefing needs.

9. The "Coral Conservationist" level: You actively participate in reef conservation efforts, supporting sustainable practices and spreading awareness.

10. The "Reefing Guru" level: You've become a true authority in the reefing community, sharing your knowledge, guiding others, and making waves in the hobby.

So which one are you?

Welcome.jpg

image via @Jedi1199

Last edited:

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am between levels 7&8. But I know that one mistake or overconfidence can knock me mentally back down to level 1. I am cautiously optimistic about my reefing, but I still have coral and fish losses occasionally. Some day I will actively help conserve as best I can. That is my life's goal for my reefing.

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can not find me on the list . I would love to be 5 but when I try and educate my self with Randys info but I have to read it two or three times before it goes in lol . But if I ever had a Big problem with anything I would go to r2r member for sound knowledge

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can not find me on the list . I would love to be 5 but when I try and educate my self with Randys info but I have to read it two or three times before it goes in lol . But if I ever had a Big problem with anything I would go to r2r member for sound knowledge

So you're the "Chemist Commoner?" :p

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Y'all can also come up with your own level! HA!

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just for fun, which one are you? :p

1. The "Novice Nemo" level: You start with a small tank, a couple of clownfish, and dreams of creating a reef like an R2R Reef Of The Month one day.

2. The "Invertebrate Inspired" level: Shrimps, crabs, and snails find their way into your tank, adding diversity and intrigue. When the lights go off your flashlight goes on.

3. The "Coralline Crusader" level: Things start to get serious and you start to see PINK! Your tank graduates to coralline algae, and you begin to expand your coral collection.

4. The "Aquascaping Artist" level: You've mastered the art of arranging live rock, the rock walls are replaced with floating islands and negative aquaspace.

5. The "Aqua Chemist" level: Two Part is no match for you! Water parameters are a breeze, and maintaining a balanced and healthy aquatic environment is a challenge you look forward to.

6. The "Frag Fanatic" level: Fragments of coral become your obsession as you grow and propagate these underwater anaimals. You might even sell some to turn a profit.

7. The "Polyp Paparazzi" level: You are the photosynthetic photographer because you're always looking to snap the most amazing reef photos.

8. The "DIY Maestro" level: You've mastered the art of building your own equipment and creating custom solutions for your reefing needs.

9. The "Coral Conservationist" level: You actively participate in reef conservation efforts, supporting sustainable practices and spreading awareness.

10. The "Reefing Guru" level: You've become a true authority in the reefing community, sharing your knowledge, guiding others, and making waves in the hobby.

So which one are you?

Welcome.jpg

image via @Jedi1199
I'm totally an 8, 6, 2 with a little bit of 1 & 3 tossed in for good measure. Maybe a 3.5 with too many fish?

ETA: 11. "Walking the Fine Line": - running good for now, tightrope is still taut and not too many distractions to help me lose focus but it can change overnight!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm totally an 8, 6, 2 with a little bit of 1 & 3 tossed in for good measure. Maybe a 3.5 with too many fish?

Well said.

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have to go with 2. The invertebrate inspired by the definitions given. However, that is not entirely an adequate description of me as I have been in the hobby more than 2 decades.
I have raised clownfish from eggs and seahorses from fry. I have never experienced a tank crash since the 90s. I have tanks and fish for more than a decade and I do things old school but it works for me. So call me whatever you want but I think I would call myself successful.
IMG_20230218_160011971.jpg

Aspect

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I think I know a good bit about the Atelomycterus shark species and a lesser amount about the Chiloscyllium species.

cwerner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now my tank grows coralline, My frags are thriving including Acro's and Monti's, but there's still so much to learn and it's requiring a lot of manual work. My current project isn't directly to the benefit of my corals, but it is to my mental health, and that is "automate all of the things." I'm running plumbing from my basement and using controllers to automate water changes and monitor the tank. My plan is to hopefully only have to clean the glass once or twice a week and clean out the skimmer cup as needed. Everything else automated.

Alexraptor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm definitely all over the place. :p

I have a strong preference for invertebrates over fish. I've got nearly two decades of reefing experience that I willingly share. But I'm also very unorthodox, and just "wing it" most of the time, only doing occasional testing to ground myself.

Not a huge frag fanatic, and see them more as a means to an end in growing massive and grand colonies over time... which incidentally can photograph nicely. :)

As for conservation? Well the extent of that is probably contributing a monti digi frag to one of Swedens largest public aquarium, as part of their project to create a massive living GeneBank.

So where does that actually put me? :p

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 148 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back