Formufit PVC Safe?

PugsAndFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for colored PVC and found Formufit at HomeDepot. It's about half the price of the reef retailers online. Does anyone know if the Formufit is safe? I don't know anything about PVC/plumbing and want to make sure nothing leaches and stuff.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The manufacturer says it is "Non-toxic" schedule 40 PVC, which sounds as it is the same used in plumbing houses, etc. Should be OK. I'd contact them directly to be sure if it is "safe for drinking water."

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what their website says.

FORMUFIT PVC fittings and pipe are not National Sanitary Foundation (NSF) Rated for plumbing applications. Our fittings are specifically designed for structural purposes and other applications only and are not designed for plumbing use. While they will work (and in most cases, outperform) for plumbing use, they may fail inspection, as they are unmarked. FORMUFIT products CAN be used for irrigation, aquaponics and aquarium applications, since there is usually no inspection required.

count krunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to use it. I had no idea this existed! You can buy it in various colors from home depot, walmart, and amazon.

Makes using colored PVC way less expensive. Now to think what color combo I will use.. :D

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost all the coloured PVC being sold by third parties is sourced from Formufit.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back