Fox face troubles

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all I have had my fox face for around 5 month now and has been awsome but today he’s on the sand bed and not acting like him self. I fed today after work and that’s when I noticed when he never swam up to the feeding spot I always feed at like he normally does .I can’t see anything really wrong with him and he doesn’t look stressed at all . I have not done anything to the tank at all and he’s always a good eater. The only fish in the tank is 1 clown/star blenny/coral goby and a green crom. I have him in my 90g with 40g sump and do weekly water changes . I really don’t want to loose him he’s my favourite fish in the tank

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No he seemed good but I just went down stairs to check on him and he got stuck to my power head and not doing good at all now .
sorry to say but thats a bad sign the only way a fish gets stuck to a power head is if its very weak do you have a QT tank you can put him in? thou im not sure even that would help since you dont know what to treat him for

OP
OP
Kfactor

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry to say but thats a bad sign the only way a fish gets stuck to a power head is if its very weak do you have a QT tank you can put him in? thou im not sure even that would help since you dont know what to treat him for
i put him in the qt tank lastnight he was still alive in the morning but came home after work and he died . i sucks not know what happen

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Possibilities. . . . .
- Change in water parameters such as ammonia spike, high PH, Hi Nitrate or high salinity
- Intimidation by a tankmate
- Stray voltage
- Mucus or flukes in gills and on fish
- Parasitical

Is the breathing rate moderate or labored?
Is fish acting lethargic?

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you’ve had him that long and there hadn’t been any new introductions might be how it was collected….

Idk. I don’t like throwing out reasons without having had the creature in my own care. Too easy to focus on one thing and miss the whole picture. That and it’s impossible to say for sure from behind a keyboard across the world

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all I have had my fox face for around 5 month now and has been awsome but today he’s on the sand bed and not acting like him self. I fed today after work and that’s when I noticed when he never swam up to the feeding spot I always feed at like he normally does .I can’t see anything really wrong with him and he doesn’t look stressed at all . I have not done anything to the tank at all and he’s always a good eater. The only fish in the tank is 1 clown/star blenny/coral goby and a green crom. I have him in my 90g with 40g sump and do weekly water changes . I really don’t want to loose him he’s my favourite fish in the tank
What species was it if you haven’t already answered that? I know in some places they do still use certain things to knock the fish out that then effects them not long after.

A Young Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
was there any other fish bullying the fox face recently?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 38 82.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.3%
Back