Foxface jumper

gashunk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so tonight my foxface jumped from my rimless tank and i saw it on the floor hadnt been to long and my first instinct was to put him back in the water he instantly breathed in and bubbles came out and he went into hiding spikes are up but its breathing now i guess i just gotta watch him tonight see how itll do

oh the only reason why i found it was cause my daughter spilled her ice cream on the floor. and we had to turn on the light to clean it up and it was right infront of it

OP
OP
gashunk

gashunk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it's time I've been wanting to get one since day one just tight on the budget ATM

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I lost a magnificent foxface because it jumped was a sad day then me and the wife went for sushi.
The replacement foxface has a gold color to him so that was the only good thing that came out of it.

OP
OP
gashunk

gashunk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll have to look into the brs kit I've been wanting the one for artfully acrylic
Yeah I had a gladiator clown jump out about six months ago :( I was just trying to figure out what might of spooked him

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can also make one from Home Depot or lowes use a screen door kit just make sure the net is mesh not metal

ColoredRock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can use

Polypropylene Bird netting:​

1637706203149.png

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To get started quickly, you can go to Lowe's / Home Depot and get a 1/2 sheet of plastic egg crate (usually in the lighting department) and snap it with wire snips to fit like a lid, with cut-outs for your heater, and what-not. (BRS sells pricey black colored egg crate if you don't want white from the Big Box stores).

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so tonight my foxface jumped from my rimless tank and i saw it on the floor hadnt been to long and my first instinct was to put him back in the water he instantly breathed in and bubbles came out and he went into hiding spikes are up but its breathing now i guess i just gotta watch him tonight see how itll do

oh the only reason why i found it was cause my daughter spilled her ice cream on the floor. and we had to turn on the light to clean it up and it was right infront of it
Yeah, I watched my Foxface jump out of the tank when it was being bagged up so we knew our tank wasn’t taking any chances (We also already had a lid so we could keep wrasses and tilefish ect..).

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

it was a very good catch though! Could’ve had a sting happen but you luckily avoided it. Spikes going up usually shows he’s a stationary animal (Every time mine goes into “hover mode” his spikes go up and pelvic fins drop).

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased a fox face, are the known for jumping, is it common is more the question? 120$ :(

Attachments

• 20220213_125721.jpg
    20220213_125721.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 24

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased a fox face, are the known for jumping, is it common is more the question? 120$ :(
Mine rarely jumps, they’re shy and what you’re seeing there is him acclimating to a new tank.
As for the common bit, do you mean jumping or the actual species?

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back