Frag swap's

tc269

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi im curious as to what is the biggest and best frag swap is. I have been to a few local ones. some big and some small.. lucky me Im in wisconsin so the fosters swap is just a 2 hour drive when they have there's. But this next year 2010 i wanna get away take a vacation and go to a big big frag swap. SO my question is which is the biggest frag swap?

Thank

Ike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what the biggest is, but the Fosters and Smith one is one of the biggest. Not just a frag swap, but Macna has plenty of coral vendors and would make a trip more worthwhile. Though Sept. in Orlando sounds like my version of hell.

Acro76

Cherry Corals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MACNA, Reefapalooza, and MAX have the biggest numbers, usually 1000 to 2000 people over 2 to 3 days. Largest number of vendors too. But that being said bigger is not always better or for everyone. Lots of smaller shows are held around the country that are known for bringing out lots of quality vendors and smaller traders and farmers.

If you are interested in learning more about the hobby and seeing speakers + loads of vendors and coral, MACNA would be the choice event to go to, hands down.

The CFM (coral farmers market) is interesting as well, these are held at different locations all over the country.

Last edited:

SaraB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are looking at buying corals, I'd recommend Reefapalooza out in Costa Mesa, California. It's held in October each year. You can make a nice vacation out of it and go an hour north and visit the LA area and all it's tourist places or go a bit further south to San Diego and there's plenty of tourist things to do there as well.

OP
OP
tc269

tc269

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MACNA, Reefapalooza, and MAX have the biggest numbers, usually 1000 to 2000 people over 2 to 3 days. Largest number of vendors too. But that being said bigger is not always better or for everyone. Lots of smaller shows are held around the country that are known for bringing out lots of quality vendors and smaller traders and farmers.

If you are interested in learning more about the hobby and seeing speakers + loads of vendors and coral, MACNA would be the choice event to go to, hands down.

The CFM (coral farmers market) is interesting as well, these are held at different locations all over the country.

This is waht I am looking for not really buying and selling of corals just leaning more about the hobby and all the vendors and such.!

Thanks for all your help guys!! and gals!!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back