Frag Tank Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter KorD
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

KorD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 11, 2014
Messages
1,365
Reaction score
928
Location
Northern Texas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am setting up a pico tank for frags and I was wondering the time I should cycle it...

Here is the thing.. It will be a canister filter rated for 40 gal tank on a 5 gallon tank, It is seasoned pump and ran for about 1 year then was removed off another pico I had at one time.
The tank will only have water, i small piece of live rock I will be removing from the sump, no substrate.... so basically water and a .5 lb rock in the canister filter with filter floss and some egg crate.

Should I cycle this thing or just add 50%/new, 50%/DT water into this system and just add frags?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new