Frogspawn not extending as used to?

endlessrealm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is 5 months old. Magnesium is 1315, calcium is 415, Ph is 8.2. Salinity is 1.025. Nitrate is 10, and phosphate is 0.08. Iv had thaf frogspawn since november.

My frogspawn is not extending like it used to and not sure why.

The only thing happened between that duration was my phosphate, and nitrate bottomed out to 0 according to my hanna. Now they are back to normal.

Thats a video between before and after.

The only thing i changes and i played with to get it right was the flow. I didnt do any major improvement on the flow. I just changed the location for the wave maker more to the right.

Attachments

• 20221219_092253.mp4
    33.8 MB
  • 20221108_144751.mp4
    21.7 MB

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is 5 months old. Magnesium is 1315, calcium is 415, Ph is 8.2. Salinity is 1.025. Nitrate is 10, and phosphate is 0.08. Iv had thaf frogspawn since november.

My frogspawn is not extending like it used to and not sure why.

The only thing happened between that duration was my phosphate, and nitrate bottomed out to 0 according to my hanna. Now they are back to normal.

Thats a video between before and after.

The only thing i changes and i played with to get it right was the flow. I didnt do any major improvement on the flow. I just changed the location for the wave maker more to the right.
I would guess the bottom out did it, it will take a little bit before the frogspawn returns to a fuller specimen like before, 10 no3 might still be a little low, but don't raise it too much more.15 is probably a great target and it could swing 5 either way and not have a negative effect on it again.

OP
OP
E

endlessrealm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would guess the bottom out did it, it will take a little bit before the frogspawn returns to a fuller specimen like before, 10 no3 might still be a little low, but don't raise it too much more.15 is probably a great target and it could swing 5 either way and not have a negative effect on it again.
Like a late reaction to the bottom out ?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 18.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 24.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back