• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

FS: Vertex Alpha 250

SchnitzelReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 17, 2012
Messages
1,171
Reaction score
1,080
Location
Corona, California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gunna go a diff route, Decided to sell this skimmer. Works great, no issues with the pump.
9unugedu.jpg


e2yvesun.jpg


ehehuhyz.jpg


$700 obo. Located in Southern California.

I will ship the skimmer, but buyer needs to pay actual shipping cost. I will ship it through UPS, and I will let UPS package it. No refunds if I ship the skimmer, must pay through paypal, and u cover the fees or pay as a gift.

I'll post a video of it running. If u wanna see more pics or something shoot me a PM. Thanks.
 
Great price on a great skimmer! I've had one on my 180gal for years now and it still performs like the day it was new. The skimmer is a lot bigger than what it seems in the pics... here's a few pics of mine to help folks out.



Skimmer1.jpg




Day4Pic2.jpg
 
Man, that's sexy. Just FYI, the bubble plate isn't aligned correctly.
 
Man, that's sexy. Just FYI, the bubble plate isn't aligned correctly.

I see what u mean now. I was able to loosen the screw and align the bubble plate correctly. U think it could have made the skimmer not work right if the plate wasn't aligned?
 
Last edited:
When I purchased my Alpha 170 used the previous owner didn't have it aligned correctly and it did effect performance. Not sure how I exactly describe it but after I aligned the bubble plate the bubble wall starting forming about 3" above the plate instead of towards the bottom of it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new