Full Tank Shots, please?

SueAndHerZoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there.
Setting up a 72 gallon bowfront for seahorses and need some ideas and inspiration for the aquascaping. Could some of you please post your full tank shots here so I can get motivated and creative? It's bare-bottom but I have a few pieces of stable live rock I can use for a base. Hoping to add some macroalgae so looking online for some good sources if you know of any. Thanks in advance!
Sue

Wrassenaround

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure these would be good for seahorses but these are scapes I played around with before ultimately deciding on the last one.

IMG_6985.jpeg

IMG_6995.jpeg

IMG_6988.jpeg

IMG_7056.jpeg

Something like this is what you could use as a starter for inspiration. It would give them a lot of areas to hang on to in the tank.
Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 10.35.16 PM.png

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there.
Setting up a 72 gallon bowfront for seahorses and need some ideas and inspiration for the aquascaping. Could some of you please post your full tank shots here so I can get motivated and creative? It's bare-bottom but I have a few pieces of stable live rock I can use for a base. Hoping to add some macroalgae so looking online for some good sources if you know of any. Thanks in advance!
Sue
Following cause I love sea horses and wanna see people’s horses!

OP
OP
SueAndHerZoo

SueAndHerZoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure these would be good for seahorses but these are scapes I played around with before ultimately deciding on the last one.

IMG_6985.jpeg

IMG_6995.jpeg

IMG_6988.jpeg

IMG_7056.jpeg

Something like this is what you could use as a starter for inspiration. It would give them a lot of areas to hang on to in the tank.
Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 10.35.16 PM.png
Thank you! Of course mine will look different due to the different sizes and shapes of my rocks, but I love the concepts, especially the last one with the space in the middle. It's a bowfront and the overflow is left of center so it makes it difficult to aquascape.

OP
OP
SueAndHerZoo

SueAndHerZoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of those rock stacks look precarious but I'm guessing you used cement, glue, rods or zip ties? I love the rock you started with - mine are bigger and chunkier.

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your photo reminds me that I don't have to use ALL my rock.... I always end up over-doing it and trying to use it all and then I no longer like the way it looks. Is that an apple cucumber?
Lesson I learned myself. The rest of the rock went into my 40 breeder refugium sump
IMG_20230827_135613303.jpg

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your photo reminds me that I don't have to use ALL my rock.... I always end up over-doing it and trying to use it all and then I no longer like the way it looks. Is that an apple cucumber?
Yeah it's a sea apple...I generally overuse rock too but for my pico I wanted to conserve space

OP
OP
SueAndHerZoo

SueAndHerZoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a shed with nothing but surplus tanks, supplies, dry rock, equipment from years ago, etc. Tons of dry rock in there but I'm trying to use the live rock so I can shorten/skip the cycle, but some of the stuff I'm trying to arrange is heading for the shed!

Is the sea apple in the seahorse tank or one of your other tanks? I love the pink warty cucumber - am on waiting lists for another, but didn't think it would be safe in a seahorse tank. No issues with yours?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 134 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back