Fungia plate coral help

Ben Summers

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 15, 2026
Messages
12
Reaction score
4
Location
England
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had this long tentacle fungia plate coral about a month and it's shrivelled up and looks like part of the skeleton is showing can someone offer some help on how to possible save it if something wrong. It still inflates and eats but I have to ask for my minds sake

Parameters are stable but magnesium is low but is being raised back to normal

20260216_002443.jpg
 
looks like Heliofungia actiniformis, which generally don't last past 6 months in aquaria.

What are your parameters specifically?
 
Calcium 400ppm
KH 10
Phosphate 0ppm
pH 8
Nitrate 0
Nitrite 0
Ammonia 0
Magnesium 1000ppm
 
I've had this long tentacle fungia plate coral about a month and it's shrivelled up and looks like part of the skeleton is showing can someone offer some help on how to possible save it if something wrong. It still inflates and eats but I have to ask for my minds sake

Parameters are stable but magnesium is low but is being raised back to normal

20260216_002443.jpg
It improved slightly but I'll get the mag up and hopefully it keeps improving
 

Attachments

  • 20260216_083925.jpg
    20260216_083925.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 74
Careful when they full melt can cause problems… I had a huge one that nuked a 40g tank
 
The long tentacle plates / helio fungia are notoriously hard to keep. I doubt this one will survive beyond a few months but I hope you can beat the odds.

If you like plate coral then look into the other plate coral like diaseris. They don’t well in home reef aquariums. Here is my latest addition.


20260216_121558_6FEE93DF-103E-4C3E-B0A9-012B14DC13A1.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new