OP
mitch91175

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you have to turn off the Kamoer and the co2 every time your return pump turns off? Does that become a pain?

Not an issue. The Kamoer keeps running and I haven't run into any issues when doing my water changes. You can easily program your Apex to turn off the Kamoer though if your setup needs it off. I could turn it off with my Alkatronic BT adapter though if I need to do so. Really nothing to overthink honestly.

SneakyTortuga

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I’ve waited long enough for the trident and it’s time to take the plunge with the alkatronic. Few questions..

1. I know you like your set up with the carx and alka but what issues have you found with alkatronic itself?

2. How much reagent are you going through with the alkatronic? How long is a bottle lasting you?

3. How noisy is the alkatronic? Could it be in a living room?

I like how it let you to see the trend of how your carx is playing catch up at night allowing you to make adjustments to your overall carx schedule

OP
OP
mitch91175

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I’ve waited long enough for the trident and it’s time to take the plunge with the alkatronic. Few questions..

1. I know you like your set up with the carx and alka but what issues have you found with alkatronic itself?

2. How much reagent are you going through with the alkatronic? How long is a bottle lasting you?

3. How noisy is the alkatronic? Could it be in a living room?

I like how it let you to see the trend of how your carx is playing catch up at night allowing you to make adjustments to your overall carx schedule

The Alkatronic is a great unit overall. It does have its bugs but I’ve learned to live with any issue. I personally haven’t experienced some of the issues from newer users, but once you get familiar with the unit, it does a great job. Setting up WiFi is the biggest challenge. I think that a big part of the WiFi issues surround the bandwidths (2.4/5ghz).

With the unit itself, I’d say that it could be better than it is but I’ve become accustomed to hearing it test then checking out the measurement alert. Here lately I am so comfortable with the unit that I do not even look at those notifications much. Big benefit of running a CaRX.

The reagent last a long time. I just used my last of my 4L from over a year ago.

jorahx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Alkatronic is a great unit overall. It does have its bugs but I’ve learned to live with any issue. I personally haven’t experienced some of the issues from newer users, but once you get familiar with the unit, it does a great job. Setting up WiFi is the biggest challenge. I think that a big part of the WiFi issues surround the bandwidths (2.4/5ghz).

With the unit itself, I’d say that it could be better than it is but I’ve become accustomed to hearing it test then checking out the measurement alert. Here lately I am so comfortable with the unit that I do not even look at those notifications much. Big benefit of running a CaRX.

The reagent last a long time. I just used my last of my 4L from over a year ago.

Thanks for the review, I have one coming next week!

OP
OP
mitch91175

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It been a while since I posted here. Just a quick update, the combination has done extremely well for my system. Things are going so well that I just have to keep messing with it, :D.

Just got in a kalk stirrer from Geo that is well built. Got a pH probe in it as well to help know a little more about the saturation. My pH is looking really good too since adding in the kalk with the CalRx.

61560062_2315695298476856_4106763555666132992_n.jpg

Pardon the mess but it is completely functional. I can easily take out any piece of equipment. Was going to make it all neat, but thought again.

60868199_343309676388326_4854259131286028288_n.jpg

Everything is growing out nicely. Pushing growth now with the higher pH.

OP
OP
mitch91175

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far so good with running both the kalk stirrer and calcium reactor together. Everything is tuning up pretty nicely.

upload_2019-5-26_9-51-12.png

My high pH point has dropped slightly now that I have a more controlled dosage of kalk going every hour (but also could just be that is was lower).

upload_2019-5-26_9-52-39.png

I think I am ready to increase my max I'll spend on SPS.

SneakyTortuga

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far so good with running both the kalk stirrer and calcium reactor together. Everything is tuning up pretty nicely.

upload_2019-5-26_9-51-12.png

My high pH point has dropped slightly now that I have a more controlled dosage of kalk going every hour (but also could just be that is was lower).

upload_2019-5-26_9-52-39.png

I think I am ready to increase my max I'll spend on SPS.
What’s your opinion on the kalk stirrer? I dose kalk but I’m considering switching over to a stirrer because I believe it will take less maintenace than filling up a 10 gallon container to dose weekly

OP
OP
mitch91175

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s your opinion on the kalk stirrer? I dose kalk but I’m considering switching over to a stirrer because I believe it will take less maintenace than filling up a 10 gallon container to dose weekly

Was about to post an update and saw I never responded dead to your question. I honestly would change using a kalk stirrer. Every 3-4 months seems I have to replace the impeller in the pump (Sicce 0.5) but the kalk stirrer has been great. I did have a slight leak that I’ve had to deal with from the top of the unit as well as near the pump but still working fine.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back