Getting Back Into It!

zoohoot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All. I’m super excited to be getting back into reefing. I’ve been out of the hobby for about 12-15 years.

My last tank was a custom 300 gallon island tank with the overflow in the middle. I took over our old dining room to set it up. It survived one move but then crashed about a year later when a baffle in my sump gave out while we were out of town. Dang I miss that tank.

I also had a “lagoon” I built using 2x4s and pond liner. We kept a California round ray in it. He was so awesome. We could hand feed him and he would swim along the surface to splash water when he wanted food or attention. You can see him in the lower left picture of my old tank.

I’m currently setting up a Red Sea 300 to get back into the hobby. Planning mixed reef with mostly softies and LPS.

My 2 year plan is to setup a big peninsula tank in a house we’re currently designing/building. Planning around 800 gallons with SPS, LPS, and softies. And lots of tangs. Although I’m trying to focus on aquacultured corals and fish. So we’ll see.

IMG_9766.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 43.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back