Gfo

RogerWilco357

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 18, 2010
Messages
627
Reaction score
5
Location
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How often do you replace your GFO? Is there a limit on how long you can go without changing it out from the reactor?
 
For me..... 6-8 weeks, didn't cure my green issues but I can only assume it has improved my phos situation. 30 gal, brown barr goby and 2 chromis are the only inhabitants along with a prolific mixed reef.
 
so can you have the same batch running too long in the reactor . I have had the same batch tumbling for 3 months and all my green hair algae is gone.
 
it will eventually become ineffective, how soon depends on the amount used and the amount of phosphate present in the tank. I change mine every couple of months, when i'm running it that is....
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new