GHL Calibration Fluid

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

mayyammay

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all -

Do all the GHL calibration fluids for pH, ORP, Redox, and Conductivity need to be at 77 degrees when calibrating? If necessary, what is the best method for warming to 77 degrees? I thought my tank was at 78 degrees (according to heater controller), but the GHL temp probe is reading 76 degrees...

Currently my pH probe is reading 3.0 and may not be working. Any tips? I'll try the calibrating again, but in the meantime, is there anything else I should check?

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all -

Do all the GHL calibration fluids for pH, ORP, Redox, and Conductivity need to be at 77 degrees when calibrating? If necessary, what is the best method for warming to 77 degrees? I thought my tank was at 78 degrees (according to heater controller), but the GHL temp probe is reading 76 degrees...

Currently my pH probe is reading 3.0 and may not be working. Any tips? I'll try the calibrating again, but in the meantime, is there anything else I should check?
Its always better to float the reagents in the sump or tank to match the temp. I usually put them in a ziplock bag and then float them.

OP
OP
M

mayyammay

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its always better to float the reagents in the sump or tank to match the temp. I usually put them in a ziplock bag and then float them.
Thank you for the ziplock suggestion!

pH and Redox were switched in the sensor section.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 155 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.1%
Back