GHL KHD Reading Low

Cheesus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All,

Just curious if anyone has had experience with a KHD reading low, it is showing 6.7-6.8 consistently and my salifert is showing 7.3.

I am new to the GHL world and coming from Apex. Do you think that it is within the margin of error and splitting the difference would be the way to go?

Just curious.

Thanks!

vangvace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That seems like it is within the margin of error for the salifert kit's 5%.

the best way to tell though is run a known reference solution through both for 3+ tests. That will show which is off and by how much and then adjust from there.

vangvace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem. Keep in mind that when manually testing there are variables with each test and when setting up your KHD if you have the incorrect tube length (ie water volume) it will give you an incorrect but consistent results.

OP
OP
Cheesus

Cheesus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem. Keep in mind that when manually testing there are variables with each test and when setting up your KHD if you have the incorrect tube length (ie water volume) it will give you an incorrect but consistent results.
Yeah I thought I had the length in the calculator right on the money, but it is a tad longer than it needs to be so I was thinking about shortening it up and re-measuring.

Not an IT guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also verify your lines. Make sure your sample ml is correct and your lines are the correct length. Do you have a filter for your sample line? Depending on where your line sucks out water, that can cause testing to sway if there are particles in the sample. Ask way. I setup one up second hand and trust me. I went to the far ends and back to get it to work.

OP
OP
Cheesus

Cheesus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also verify your lines. Make sure your sample ml is correct and your lines are the correct length. Do you have a filter for your sample line? Depending on where your line sucks out water, that can cause testing to sway if there are particles in the sample. Ask way. I setup one up second hand and trust me. I went to the far ends and back to get it to work.
When you say sample is correct you are talking about the 80ml right?
There is a filter on the sample line. This one was used so for sure in the same boat. I did go ahead and replace the Ph probe just to be safe before I even powered it on.

Not an IT guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you say sample is correct you are talking about the 80ml right?
There is a filter on the sample line. This one was used so for sure in the same boat. I did go ahead and replace the Ph probe just to be safe before I even powered it on.
The line that sucks in the sample. On the KH it ask how much the line hold. So my line hold 11ml. If you say your line hold 15 ml but it really hold 10 then your sample size 80ml is not correct for testing which can give you inaccurate results.

Not an IT guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The line that sucks in the sample. On the KH it ask how much the line hold. So my line hold 11ml. If you say your line hold 15 ml but it really hold 10 then your sample size 80ml is not correct for testing which can give you inaccurate results.
Did you calibrate the probe? I know you said it’s new either way you’re within range

OP
OP
Cheesus

Cheesus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think total it said 25 ml or something, I followed the video from GHL on the setup to calculate the ml the lines would hold.

And yes fresh probe fresh calibration. Since its reading "low" I would think its getting slightly more water that it thinks correct?

Not an IT guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use a measuring tube. Fill up the sample line then pump it out into the tube and see how much is actually being pumped in. If you have a graduated cylinder that works best.

OP
OP
Cheesus

Cheesus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use a measuring tube. Fill up the sample line then pump it out into the tube and see how much is actually being pumped in. If you have a graduated cylinder that works best.
Can do, They use all the lines in the calculation so would I need to disconnect the sample line from the KHD?

Not an IT guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes from the barb at the khd to the end of the line into your tank including the filter. It’s best with two people so one can hold the line in the tube and the other take the tank end out and hold the manual pump button until it’s all gone.

OP
OP
Cheesus

Cheesus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes from the barb at the khd to the end of the line into your tank including the filter. It’s best with two people so one can hold the line in the tube and the other take the tank end out and hold the manual pump button until it’s all gone.
Wife is working today so I am going to give it a shot solo. lol

Ill do that double check, adjust if needed and let you know the results.

For not being an IT guy you have great customer service skills :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Not an IT guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went through Ghl support with Vinny to get this all squared away. At the end I should have bought one brand new. Had to replace all rollers and caps. One motor and reagent tube. Pump tubes.

Back