GHL ProfiLux 4 Official Announcement

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thankyou I found it on the sticky how to set up your profilux 3, it's still the same... one thing I don't get with these manufacturers why don't they supply proper step by step instructions, that start from the beginning with the basics time, wifi, sensors and what to expect when you turn it on for the first time, mines flashing Red with various prob errors... some explanation would help.. not a happy bunny so far..
Check out Page 33 of the Profilux 4 Manual. That's where connection to your PC starts. :)

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out Page 33 of the Profilux 4 Manual. That's where connection to your PC starts. :)
Thank you, can you not set up directly from the unit? Is it best to connect to a laptop, i still can't find how to set upto wifi lol, but I will get there, just used to logical instructions on hifi equipment etc, where they tell you in a very basic style and language how to do the basics...

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if the manuals and How-Tos are not so popular - we also have videos which cover these things:
https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/support/videos/

I really think it is simple and usually a matter of minutes to connect WiFi

PS: Check out the Mitras LX7 videos for WiFi - it is the same setup procedure

Thankyou... I think it maybe wrong to assume things are easy, I'm a newbie to aquarium controllers as probably lots of customers of the new P4 will be... so far nothing has been obvious or straight forward, im used to instructions being supplied with the equipment I buy, not that I have to go onto forums and rely on other people's good will to help out...it's usually very basic to connect to wifi.. scroll to wifi settings and press the search for network button, enter network password and voila.. why can't I find that on the P4? without the links supplied on here I would have absolutly no clue.. I have all the manuals downloaded but the process is not logical... why have I got error messages for probes yet to be attached? Nothing is explained...

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should read both manuals completely before attempting to set anything up.
I have now lol but am going to read again... I'm not your typical man I usually follow instructions and work through a process, but there not well written and do not follow a logical flow, most instructions start with turning on, what to expect, how to alter the language, time, date, connect to wifi etc... not the case here..

Dumaurier7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The manual also states that WIFI should no be used for firmware updates or set up , all this should be done via USB.

Robthorn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah the super easy stuff is easy enough. Setting temperatures and turning on lights. The fun stuff is not a canned product. As far as this being the easy product on the market to me it is not. Especially since I can't read German, which is where it is stuck now after telling it English 3 times. I guess I have to delete control center and reinstall it and hope it lets me chose English and it sticks this time. Unless someone can walk me through in German how to change it to English.

Robthorn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How could I be put up to spending this much money by anyone? If I had that much money to throw away I would surely pay you to drive over and do this for me. :)

Just got word the version of GCC was pulled from the downloads page. I went back to Version 1092 and I have English and I was walked through how to change it in the Profilux itself too. Getting better but I am going to need a lot of time to remove over 15 years of programming in my sleep.

Matthias Gross

GHL Team
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
which is where it is stuck now after telling it English 3 times. I guess I have to delete control center and reinstall

I don'think there there is something wrong with the language selection in GCC. No need at all to "delete and reinstall".

Select the language when GCC starts the first time (asks for it) or change it later using the menu, restart after changing. That's all.

Matthias Gross

GHL Team
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it's usually very basic to connect to wifi.. scroll to wifi settings and press the search for network button, enter network password and voila
an alternative to enter the settings is to just use the "WPS" button, connected in seconds

why have I got error messages for probes yet to be attached?
the controller (like others) doesn't know if there is a problem with a probe or just no probe connected, in both cases it gets an "abnormal" signal
if you don't want to see the error message (***) do this:
a) disable this sensor input
b) connect a sensor

see manual page 43 chapter 5.1

Matthias Gross

GHL Team
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Important note about getting support for the ProfiLux (and all other products).

We are very well aware that there a many questions with launching the new product, especially for customers who never had a ProfiLux or a controller at all)

Reef2Reef is not the official support plattform, especially not in general threads like this one.

Of course the members of the GHL staff as well as all other users try to help and reply where they can, but the first choice to get support is the official GHL support forum:
http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/forum.php?langid=2

there are thousands of other GHL users and the GHL support team

Robthorn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rob,
1.0.9.3 was replaced with 1.0.9.4 - both of which are marked as the BETA. If you're having trouble with a beta build, I always recommend going back to a non-beta build.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To change the GCC from german to English

Start the GCC. At the upper menu - chose Ansicht -> chose Sprache -> Chose your language -> OK
Screen Shot 02-15-17 at 05.15 PM.PNG

Screen Shot 02-15-17 at 05.17 PM.PNG

Because I´ll know it will come -> be sure that the expertenmodus is checked

Screen Shot 02-15-17 at 05.18 PM.PNG

Restart the GCC

Voila (its french and means Här är - which is Swedish and means - Here is :) )

Screen Shot 02-15-17 at 05.24 PM.PNG

When you have restart and connect your device - you will find a pull down menu for language selection for the DEIVICE internal menu and the web interface - not the Software GCC. The exemple is from a ProfiLux 3.1T

Screen Shot 02-15-17 at 05.25 PM.PNG

Screen Shot 02-15-17 at 05.35 PM.PNG

Hope this will help.

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:

Robthorn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don'think there there is something wrong with the language selection in GCC. No need at all to "delete and reinstall".

Select the language when GCC starts the first time (asks for it) or change it later using the menu, restart after changing. That's all.
Rob,
1.0.9.3 was replaced with 1.0.9.4 - both of which are marked as the BETA. If you're having trouble with a beta build, I always recommend going back to a non-beta build.

Yes sir this is what you and I did last night which got it working in English. :) Thank you again.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 160 43.7%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 127 34.7%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 55 15.0%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 19 5.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.4%
Back