GHL ProfiLux 4 Official Announcement

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

glavaron

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Figured it out. I needed to set it as a slave and now it's connected through Profilux

glavaron

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes thanks for pointing that out. Now I need to figure out how to change the graphs on Touch to read in Fahrenheit and how to program alarms and safety stuff like turning off Alkalinity dosing if pH reaches certain level.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have to add the doser in the system settings as a PAB device to control it with the P4

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I calibrated 3 of the sensors with the included fluids at room temp. Maybe this is the problem? I hit the calibrate temp tab (oops) and after that the value is about 1 degree apart between the 2 devices. I would like that to go back to default but there is not tab/button for that I can see.
Got to calibrate at tank temp. Let them float in a baggie for 10-15 mins and don't take out until the P4 asks you to place the probe in the solution. There's no rush, it will wait.
I'll check my conductivity probe against my Red Sea Refractometer tonite.
Feel free to pm me to remind me if you don't see a post from me by 9pm central time.

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got to calibrate at tank temp. Let them float in a baggie for 10-15 mins and don't take out until the P4 asks you to place the probe in the solution. There's no rush, it will wait.
I'll check my conductivity probe against my Red Sea Refractometer tonite.
Feel free to pm me to remind me if you don't see a post from me by 9pm central time.

Thanks will do.

glavaron

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why would my P4 and Doser be alternating between a blue and yellow light? I read that flashing blue means it is connect o myGHL and flashing yellow means warning. What is the warning?

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks will do.
I forgot my Red Sea at the office and I'm not sure if my cheaper one at home is calibrated correctly. Right now the one at home is showing 1.026 and my probe is reading 1.0244.
To be continued tomorrow...

M3ace9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot my Red Sea at the office and I'm not sure if my cheaper one at home is calibrated correctly. Right now the one at home is showing 1.026 and my probe is reading 1.0244.
To be continued tomorrow...

My probe is doing the exact same thing. I think it has to do with the temp of the solution. I will try it out tonight.

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something else to note on the Conductivity... the default is to measure in mS.
If you choose kg/l, it's doing a conversion.
And honestly, I have never seen a strict industry standard on this conversion.
Right now my probe is reading 52.6 mS.

fredro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something else to note on the Conductivity... the default is to measure in mS.
If you choose kg/l, it's doing a conversion.
And honestly, I have never seen a strict industry standard on this conversion.
Right now my probe is reading 52.6 mS.

With the P4 rearing Condx at 52.6mS, what do you come up with for a SG reading with a refractometer?

Everyone should really know that conductivity and salinity are two very different measurements and IMO the best way to utilize the conductivity data is to use it as a reference point to spot deviations and identify trends. Anything further and you're going to get lost in inconsistent and inaccurate attempts at conversions. There's no real simple way to have it read SG.

Just my 2¢

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the P4 rearing Condx at 52.6mS, what do you come up with for a SG reading with a refractometer?

Everyone should really know that conductivity and salinity are two very different measurements and IMO the best way to utilize the conductivity data is to use it as a reference point to spot deviations and identify trends. Anything further and you're going to get lost in inconsistent and inaccurate attempts at conversions. There's no real simple way to have it read SG.

Just my 2¢
A couple posts up I mentioned I'm getting 1.0244, but don't take that to heart.... I'm not sure if that refractometer is calibrated.
Need to bring home my Red Sea that calibrates with RO water.

And I agree. I've usually gone by the mS reading, and just try to keep it consistent, knowing it's somewhere in the range of 1.024 to 1.026.
NSW varies all over the world.

Reefer525XL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone on a Mac tried using Wine Bottler to run GCC? Runs fine but can't get communication from the USB ports to the P4

Reefer525XL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wine bottler does not have access to USB ports best to use Fusion or Bootcamp.

I've been able to use devices that use USB to UART with Wine by assigning com ports but not really familiar with the P4 so I was wondering if someone had gotten it to work.

I guess I'll give boot camp a try.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 47 51.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.8%
Back