Give your White Worms a bath

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got some white worms coming this week. Thanks, Paul. Really appreciate the advice. And I'm sure the fish will appreciate the better, fresher diet. Thanks again. You the man!

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your welcome, I just fed a batch to my fish. :D

Larry L

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Paul B Thanks for all the info. Do you restart your culture periodically to keep it from crashing? Or do you do something else (like using Prime) that keeps it alive without crashing?

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Paul B Thanks for all the info. Do you restart your culture periodically to keep it from crashing? Or do you do something else (like using Prime) that keeps it alive without crashing?

Larry this is the first culture I started years ago and it is still going. As a matter of fact, for some reason in the last few weeks it really blossomed and I have more worms than I need. I am not sure why.

Occasionally I do flood the culture to pour off the little floating mites that somehow grow to huge proportions. Then I just let it drain through a net and dump it back in.

Larry L

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Larry this is the first culture I started years ago and it is still going.

Awesome, thanks - good to know.

Occasionally I do flood the culture to pour off the little floating mites that somehow grow to huge proportions.

I bet this keeps under control any ammonia buildup that people seem to worry about in long-running cultures.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cool! I would like to try these at some point.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Som1else

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been feeding these to my fish for years and they go nuts for them. If you feed the worms regularly they will multiply like mad and a single 8 or 16 oz container will produce for years before you need to start a new one. I feed my 180 with these worms daily.
Not to Hijack your thread, but if anyone is interested in getting a colony started I have established 8oz cultures available too.
XBdDBCD.jpg

JaihWill

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been feeding these to my fish for years and they go nuts for them. If you feed the worms regularly they will multiply like mad and a single 8 or 16 oz container will produce for years before you need to start a new one. I feed my 180 with these worms daily.
Not to Hijack your thread, but if anyone is interested in getting a colony started I have established 8oz cultures available too.
XBdDBCD.jpg

How much are you charging?

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in New York and will also give away worms to start a culture. :cool:

AlexG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for posting this Paul. I am going to order a culture soon. I was going to start ordering black worms but these seem like they are a lot easier to keep.

Jmas4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. My mom will n ever let me keep blackworms in the fridge. This looks like a nice alternative. Do larger fish eat whiteworms? Sometimes my triggers and large tangs ignore small pieces of food and go for the larger ones. I'm worried the worms are to small to be noticed.
What if you put some live plants in there as well? It will eat the waste of the worms so you won't have a culture crash.

Last edited:

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back