Glitter Bomb goni help

reefpeeper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a glitter bomb at RAP NY and ever since i brought it home it has not really extended. I have tried to dip it in chemi clean and also in revive. No real good luck. It has also receded some. At times it does look like it may open, but no luck. Any pointers u guys can give me on what else to try. I have also tried different placement in tank.

jkcoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gonis are really temperamental and can take a long time to finally get back to normal in a tank. And from my experience, the glitter bombs are especially sensitive little guys.

Id just put it on a plug or small rock that you can easily move around and avoid glueing it down until you find a spot it likes.

Just make sure it isn’t getting pounded by too much flow for now and hopefully it’ll bounce back to normal quickly :)

Irregardless

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine was growing perfectly for 2 months and just died in a matter of 3 days (100% dead as of yesterday) with almost no parameter change in water or light. 3rd one ive tried to grow as its one of my favorite corals.

Im ticked.

Williamson’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Anytime a Goni starts to look bad I put it in shade. Like 50 par. They always come back. It can take months though. I’ve had it happen after fragging and coral warfare. I have 15 different Goni including glitter bomb. I think I one of the biggest mistakes people make is to much par. I’ve kept them successfully from 100-250 par but at 250 par it has to happen slowly. 100-150 par seems to be the best for color. Don’t give up on it.

Hillpag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Did you feed it? I have found that gonis like to be fed…. I use Gonipowder and reefroids.

Giancarlo_f

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it was healthy at the show I feel like the dips are unnecessarily stressful to it. I have a glitter bomb that’s grown well for me (was a sub 1 inch frag). I just keep my tank as stable as I can, broadcast feed particulate food, and dose aminos in one large bolus every day (smaller doses spread throughout the day yields little result). But yeah, put it in a somewhat protected area, let it acclimate to lighting, moderate flow, and leave it alone. If you keep your tank stable it’ll come around hopefully.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.8%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 74 43.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back