Go big or go home

Dragonstar

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 17, 2021
Messages
18
Reaction score
49
Location
USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been keeping fish off and on for about 30 years, 100 freshwater. As a ceramics major in college I once did a semester-long independent study in making custom ceramic aquarium interiors. Then I got into aquaponics and built a 55,000 gallon system with a wheelbarrow, a shovel, and 13 tons of pea gravel. Japanese style bridges, two docks... That was fun and worked out well, but I couldn't see the fish.

Now I want to put the two together and build a ~10K gallon round tank with a viewing window. And that's what brings me here. Not because I'm interested in saltwater or reef aquariums, but because everyone knows, the reef enthusiasts know tank building better than anyone. Thanks for letting me crash your party!
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
I've been keeping fish off and on for about 30 years, 100 freshwater. As a ceramics major in college I once did a semester-long independent study in making custom ceramic aquarium interiors. Then I got into aquaponics and built a 55,000 gallon system with a wheelbarrow, a shovel, and 13 tons of pea gravel. Japanese style bridges, two docks... That was fun and worked out well, but I couldn't see the fish.

Now I want to put the two together and build a ~10K gallon round tank with a viewing window. And that's what brings me here. Not because I'm interested in saltwater or reef aquariums, but because everyone knows, the reef enthusiasts know tank building better than anyone. Thanks for letting me crash your party!
Welcome to Reef 2 reef!! Definitely sounds like a job for some high quality, thick acrylic!! Not sure what to do for a stand this large but I’m sure others can educate us both on materials regarding 10,000 gallon tank stands ;Bookworm;Bookworm;Drool
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new