Gold Torch Hammer?

eaquintero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This came in as a regular looking bicolor hammer and now has developed gold tentacles and a greenish mouth. Has anyone seen something like it?
PXL_20210724_153421700.jpg

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to tell under the primarily blue lighting but, whatever you are doing, you are doing it right. Depending on how long it has been in your system, it may continue to color morph a bit.

OP
OP
eaquintero

eaquintero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to tell under the primarily blue lighting but, whatever you are doing, you are doing it right. Depending on how long it has been in your system, it may continue to color morph a bit.
Yea my phone camera isn't the best at getting the color. It's slowly been gaining more gold since it was put in this tank a couple of months ago. Euphillya just do good in this tank under a360x

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s either a torch or a hammer (though there are a few weird Fimbriaphyllias that we don’t see often in the hobby, and there are also some Fimbriaphyllia hybrids). But as far as I know torches and hammers can’t crossbreed, they’re in two different genera (Euphyllia and Fimbriaphyllia)

OP
OP
eaquintero

eaquintero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s either a torch or a hammer (though there are a few weird Fimbriaphyllias that we don’t see often in the hobby, and there are also some Fimbriaphyllia hybrids). But as far as I know torches and hammers can’t crossbreed, they’re in two different genera (Euphyllia and Fimbriaphyllia)
Oh, definitely don't think it's a hybrid of a torch, just thought it has characteristics like one. It is hard to know forsure what species it falls under, I think even scientist have trouble placing certain corals.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back