Good Morning!

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Living dangerously
160 pounds of dogs playing by the 200 gallon fish tank.
IMG_1389-X2.jpg

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Happy Saturday all. It is Saturday, isn’t it? I can’t tell with the lack of morning cartoons...

Yep, it's the start of another Saturday! Here's a cartoon gif just so you know for sure! :)

StartingLine.gif

Jay Z

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was my fault also. Clown had been hosting my carpet for the last 2 weeks. I watch that tank every time I feed for the carpets response. I fed roe to that tank which Ive never done before, then I walked away, like I've never done before. New food must have confused my carpet and thought his buddy was food, that or he's evil and had been planning it from the get go.

krbshappy71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was my fault also. Clown had been hosting my carpet for the last 2 weeks. I watch that tank every time I feed for the carpets response. I fed roe to that tank which Ive never done before, then I walked away, like I've never done before. New food must have confused my carpet and thought his buddy was food, that or he's evil and had been planning it from the get go.
Maybe they were frienemies. Only nice when you were watching.
Cleaned rabbit cage, rat cages, pond, now eyeing the fish tank. We have a 29 gallon freshwater tank that needs attention. I think I might doll it up a bit while keeping my eye on the prize. (Saltwater). Happy Saturday!

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About a half of mile from here they are having an outdoor antique flea market with 60 vendors. We are going to get stuff for me to build Steam Punk things out of in the winter.......

I only spent a couple of hundred bucks and came back with enough "junk" to keep me building "stuff" for most of the winter. :cool:

Jay Z

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About a half of mile from here they are having an outdoor antique flea market with 60 vendors. We are going to get stuff for me to build Steam Punk things out of in the winter.......

I only spent a couple of hundred bucks and came back with enough "junk" to keep me building "stuff" for most of the winter. :cool:

Man those are some nice finds! I’m a little jealous. I like collecting brass items to. Got a good boat prop collection going!

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 5 brass gauges alone are worth it to me. The brass horn will be a Steam Punk some kind of future gun.

The fans, were cheap and work but I don't have plans for them and may become garbage. I also have radio tubes, pulleys and some other "stuff"

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good morning!!! I'm not sure if any of you are familiar with the children's book called, "If you give a mouse a cookie" by Laura Numeroff - it is a simple explanation of how when you do something, it leads to something else, then something else, etc. (in the metaphor if you give a mouse a cookie, then he wants milk, then a nap, etc.). That was the story of my yesterday as I tried to set up these two 55g as breeder tanks - needed to retouch the blue Krylon background that I painted on Friday, then when I went to put the tank in place I realized that I should paint the area to add a protective coating where I was putting one of the tanks, then....

At the end of a long day, covered in dirt and who-knows-what, with still a lot left to do to get the tanks set up I walked into the house and said, "Dang cookies!" Everyone understood.

Last edited:

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning! Yesterday I found a nice old bandsaw for $30 at a garage sale. It needs some work, but shouldn't be too bad.

nXeYGis.jpg

Doing a minor-restoration on it, just to make it nicer to use. Broke it down Cleaning up all bolts in evaporust, new thrust bearings, new guides, new blade, etc. Kind of funny to put $50 of parts into a $30 purchase, but oh well!

sQY3J0a.jpg

You can see its in pretty good condition, but it was used in an outdoor garage here in Florida. So all screws are pretty gross. Evaporust + oiling should take care of that. Just needs a good scrub down otherwise.

hlyIzbZ.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back