Good Morning!

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning! Frozen fog advisory this morning. Weird. I'm off to the grocery store and then it will be water change time....and washing filter socks time. I lead such an exciting life! I did find out yesterday that grand #6 (due in May) is a girl! We only have one girl in the bunch now. Hopefully, she will share her Grammie's love for the saltwater world!

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning! It's a little chilly here at -7 this morning. Warmer than yesterday I guess. I need to figure out how to up my CUC without them dying in this cold. I have a bit of GHA and need to get rid of it. Hopefully I can make a trip to the big city soon and pick some up. Have a great day and stay safe!
yeah, I can see getting livestock shipped up there when it is that cold would be a challenge.

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning! Going to work on the R2R secret santa gift I am making for my recipient today.

On a side note, my parrot is driving me insane! It is the start of breeding season and he is making his mating squeaking noises and wants to regurgitate his food and tries to feed me. Gross!! Then when I don't let him he become mean and bites! During this time of season he spends his time in the cage.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good morning everyone.

Tapping Wake Up GIF

The sharing of this video is inspired by real events that happened last night.

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, GSP’s are refusing to stick to the glass so I glued the frags down to some rock and placed at the bottom of the glass. See what happens I guess!
Got the pH meter calibrated and mounted. Seems to be spot on against my tests. Now I have another cool “doo dad” to watch. :p

Mike from TN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning! Going to work on the R2R secret santa gift I am making for my recipient today.

On a side note, my parrot is driving me insane! It is the start of breeding season and he is making his mating squeaking noises and wants to regurgitate his food and tries to feed me. Gross!! Then when I don't let him he become mean and bites! During this time of season he spends his time in the cage.
Both our Grey and Senegal are going through their “seasonal antics” right now. It’s very disturbing to say the least. The Grey is “hands off” to me when he’s in breeding mode. He will open me up like a can of tuna but tolerates my wife handling him. Our Senegal just “grinds” on his perch all day making the same squeaking noises. Rubbing himself RAW!

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, GSP’s are refusing to stick to the glass so I glued the frags down to some rock and placed at the bottom of the glass. See what happens I guess!
Got the pH meter calibrated and mounted. Seems to be spot on against my tests. Now I have another cool “doo dad” to watch. :p
the plugs won't stay glued to the glass?

Mike from TN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the plugs won't stay glued to the glass?
I don’t know why. They stayed put all day yesterday but were laying on the bottom this morning. I replied them and 10 minutes later, one had fallen off already. I cut the stems off of the plugs so there was a lot of surface area to glue. At first, I thought maybe the snails knocked them down overnight but no snails near them the second time. I always use the same type/brand of glue. Maybe because there isn’t any coralline on the glass yet.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know why. They stayed put all day yesterday but were laying on the bottom this morning. I replied them and 10 minutes later, one had fallen off already. I cut the stems off of the plugs so there was a lot of surface area to glue. At first, I thought maybe the snails knocked them down overnight but no snails near them the second time. I always use the same type/brand of glue. Maybe because there isn’t any coralline on the glass yet.
that is strange. woulda thought a plug would stay attached to the glass.
I did notice that the label on the super glue gel does not include glass. (was looking to do a non aquarium type project)
I had a frag(?) of gsp seoarate completely from a plug. I glued it directly to the rock. happily surprised it worked.
:cool:

Mike from TN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good morning all.. :)
@Mike from TN ,use a little extra and try flashing the glue when putting on back:)
Thanks @fishguy242
Im going to give it another shot later on this afternoon. TN Titans are playing in a few minutes and they are finally having a good, although short, season. I feel it’s my duty as a Tennesseean to watch them. LOL!
:p

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The hospital here is giving out free Copperband Butterflies with every Covid test so my wife and I are going this morning. :p

Yesterday our handicapped elevator croaked so I will see how I will get her down the flight of stairs to the street. :confused:

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The hospital here is giving out free Copperband Butterflies with every Covid test so my wife and I are going this morning. :p

Yesterday our handicapped elevator croaked so I will see how I will get her down the flight of stairs to the street. :confused:
no wonder I can't find a copperband.
:cool:

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 61 39.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 44 28.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back