Good Morning!

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This morning at about 6:00 I took my morning walk. I try to go about half an hour, then turn back so I get an hour walk in. I started out and it was fifty degrees so a little cool, but nice and brisk. There were deer all over the place but I think they know me now so wait until I get really close before they run away in fear. I hate to see the summer go but the fall is really nice up here in New York. It's just to short. I feel like I just put my boat in the water and I didn't even fully stock it yet, soon I have to go down there and empty it out of everything that can freeze. :oops:

Wine, beer, sun tan stuff, bug killing stuff, tick killing stuff, cleaning stuff etc. That stuff will freeze making a real mess in the spring.
I don't live in a Girly climate like you Floridians as we have real, Man weather here. Or at least we used to. Last year we got about 1/4" of Sissy snow. ;Meh
When I was a kid in the 50s it would start to snow in November and that snow wouldn't melt until April. The lakes would freeze and we would ice skate all winter. Now the lakes stay so warm you could raise Achilles tangs in them in January. :D

Anyway, about half my way through my walk. my right knee gave out. My age is so exciting because you never know which part will fail at the most in opportune time. Like for instance if I were on "Dancing with the Stars" doing the Fox Trot with Nancy Pelosi and my tennis elbow snapped right at the time where I threw Nancy over my left shoulder and I was preparing to spin her around three times for a final triple axle crescendo. :rolleyes:

It could happen.

Anyway, the pain was pretty severe and if I were a Snowflake I would have sat on the street and called an Uber. But I am not a Snowflake so I just waited a while, then took a few steps to work it out then concentrated on the beautiful scenery and thought about all the parts of me that are still working fantasticall. I made it home with no Uber. :)
glad you made it home ok so the supermodel wouldn't be wondering where you was.
my 83 year old pops tells me pain is good. it lets you know you're on the right side of the grass.
:cool:

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning! It's looking like it be below freezing every morning from here on out. It's way too early for this. It'll probably not get above freezing in a month or two. It's a great way to save money, can't order any livestock when it's this cold. It's a great day to wear a hoody. Have a great day and be safe!

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning! It's looking like it be below freezing every morning from here on out. It's way too early for this. It'll probably not get above freezing in a month or two. It's a great way to save money, can't order any livestock when it's this cold. It's a great day to wear a hoody. Have a great day and be safe!
we've had a few frosty nights. hoping to get a warm up so I can get the bats evacuated now, instead of having to wait till next spring.

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we've had a few frosty nights. hoping to get a warm up so I can get the bats evacuated now, instead of having to wait till next spring.
I'm just hoping to not be below zero for 3 to 4 months. I used bat boxes when I lived in Mississippi. My gardens never looked better and few mosquitos.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just hoping to not be below zero for 3 to 4 months. I used bat boxes when I lived in Mississippi. My gardens never looked better and few mosquitos.
I like bats. just not in the attics. especially the walk in attic off the bedroom. the mrs. is convinced they will fly in her hair. :rolleyes::D:rolleyes:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Too early to say the least
59 by me this morning

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like bats. just not in the attics. especially the walk in attic off the bedroom. the mrs. is convinced they will fly in her hair. :rolleyes::D:rolleyes:
I get it. The Mrs., my Mom, and my sister hated me raising bats. I hated mosquitos more. They are the size of buzzards in Mississippi. A fly swatter for them is a 12 gauge. I never understood why people are afraid of bats. They are just puppies with wings.
giphy.gif

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got up early this morning to take a walk and see the sunrise until I realized that I could go, but my knee will have to stay home.
It is not good today so I am in my workshop figuring out where I have to put a toggle bolt to fix it so I can go for a walk.

I have all of that stuff that you rub on so you can be completely pain free and 89% of doctors recommend it but we all know none of that stuff does anything except make you smell like your old Aunt Ester.

WiscoFishNut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning! Had a pretty good weekend. Tank maintenance, mounted 8 or so frags in their permanent spots, and most importantly - convinced the wife I needed to bring the 75g back from the dead in the basement :p 1st on the list is to clean it up real good, and then figure out if any of the glass is not tempered.

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I get it. The Mrs., my Mom, and my sister hated me raising bats. I hated mosquitos more. They are the size of buzzards in Mississippi. A fly swatter for them is a 12 gauge. I never understood why people are afraid of bats. They are just puppies with wings.
giphy.gif
Im good . This thing comes near me and im running so fast that I’ll beat a jet down a runway !!

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so 63 deg. inside this morning. i decided (for the sake of the salty inhabitants) to switch from AC only to auto heat/cool. 72 will be the low now.
I enjoy the blankets on a cool morning, so it is a Good Morning! had to retype some of this because my fingers are chattering,

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im good . This thing comes near me and im running so fast that I’ll beat a jet down a runway !!
But he's so cute. He is just a little puppy. With wings. And he eats mosquitos. I love any and everything that eats mosquitos.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
But he's so cute. He is just a little puppy. With wings. And he eats mosquitos. I love any and everything that eats mosquitos.
Well ...... anything i hate more than a mosquito is Two of them !!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 48 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.4%
Back