Good Morning!

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be awesome!!!
When my kids were little, I used to volunteer with the Patriot riders. (I did not ride... I was the person that followed along with the minivan full of drinks.) I always wanted my kids to see people who rode motorcycles for the people they are and not for the cliches. Kids only fear what they don't know.
There was this one guy, Vietnam vet...
Had this old Valkyrie with a sidecar. The side car had a skeleton in uniform strapped in with a cigar on his teeth. Kids loved it. Cool guy, great cause...
Every club has one of those guys. Or he gets around a lot.
I was always the odd man out at group rides. While everyone was expressing their rugged individuality by dressing like everyone else and riding identical Harleys, I showed up on a Honda or Kawasaki.

I was on a group ride to deliver a adult trike to a person the club had purchased it for. When we got there you had to go up a hill to a field to park. The hill had a hump that you had to jump or 6 people had to push the bike over it.
I got air on the Valk. Then I helped push.

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning
I didn’t sleep well last night. Had some suspicious activity last night that kept me awake. A little bit before 11 my doorbell rings. My daughter had a friend over and was expecting another friend to come at that time so I thought it was them and opened the door. But it was 2 men and one was standing back and kind of off to the side so I could see only one of them. Since he saw I was home started giving me some BS story about being a new insect company. And did we already have a insect company to spray around the house for bugs. I said my husband is an entomologist and takes care of that. He says oh that’s cool, what is an entomologist? I said if you were with an insect company you would know so get out. They walked away And didn’t have a car that I could see. I did call the cops and reported it. I have a security system but not a camera. Maybe it’s time to install one!

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning
I didn’t sleep well last night. Had some suspicious activity last night that kept me awake. A little bit before 11 my doorbell rings. My daughter had a friend over and was expecting another friend to come at that time so I thought it was them and opened the door. But it was 2 men and one was standing back and kind of off to the side so I could see only one of them. Since he saw I was home started giving me some BS story about being a new insect company. And did we already have a insect company to spray around the house for bugs. I said my husband is an entomologist and takes care of that. He says oh that’s cool, what is an entomologist? I said if you were with an insect company you would know so get out. They walked away And didn’t have a car that I could see. I did call the cops and reported it. I have a security system but not a camera. Maybe it’s time to install one!
Wow! I am so glad that you are safe. That could have ended very terribly. Call me paranoid but I don't open the door for anyone, even the pizza man. Do yourself a favor and get yourself a Google nest or a ring doorbell.
You will know before anyone even gets to the button who's in front of your door be able to see them on camera and have a two-way conversation without even touching your doorknob.
Nobody would even know whether you were home or not.

PS I get the name now...lol Mrs Bugmaster.... love it!!

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning

I would be installing a shotgun. To go with the camera.

The first 17 years of employment in my life was spent in drug stores working for my father. I had to answer alarm trips and be inside the store at night working on computers and charge accounts. I was armed.

One night I was at an alarm trip and the police came. I always parked my car in front of the building with the lights on high beam pointed at the door from 20 feet away waiting for the officer. This would blind anyone coming out. As I said I was armed.

The glass door was busted and we went in. The officer loaded his pump shotgun as he crossed the threshold in the dead silence. A man jumped up and said dont shoot, dont shoot.
Then I had to fix the door before I got to go home.

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! I am so glad that you are safe. That could have ended very terribly. Call me paranoid but I don't open the door for anyone, even the pizza man. Do yourself a favor and get yourself a Google nest or a ring doorbell.
You will know before anyone even gets to the button who's in front of your door be able to see them on camera and have a two-way conversation without even touching your doorknob.
Nobody would even know whether you were home or not.

PS I get the name now...lol Mrs Bugmaster.... love it!!
My husband is out of town too so I was a little freaked out. I will look into both of those doorbell cameras. Thanks

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UGH - It does not FEEL like a Saturday. Need motivation ....

All the hours have caught up to the neck pain. Not in a great place this AM.

The big boss gave me the call to submit my resume for a promotion - yeah me! It's a job I can crush that can extend my career 20 years by taking the physical part away - so preserve my neck. I was all day thinking what a gift this could be. I have endorsements and encouragement from three other bosses and darn if that does not feel good, right?

Looked at the post last night and despite 28 years experience ... now they want a BA. I got my AA but took a great job back in the day for experience over the piece of paper. Ironic ... I would not have the experience and skill I have if I passed on that job and stayed in school but now that piece of paper may wind up ending my career if I can't promore and need surgery. I don't even want the job for a raise. I just want to keep working and enable the next generation behind me to be successful. Corny, yes ... but gratifying.

Thanks for letting me vent - truly. Slept like heck out of pain and frustration. Going to make some tea, hug a puppy and see if I can accomplish something reefy. I need to find the snail that kept parking on my ATO sensor last night so it does not overflow my frag tank!

Hoping Saturday is a fair weather day all around ....safe travels and joy to all.
Maori Samoa GIF by Madman Films
the people who support you for the position probably feel you are qualified despite the missing paper. ask for the promotion.

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning all!

it’s a sleepy morning but that’s okay what with it being Saturday. M’lady and stepdaughter are leaving for vacation later today. Happy they can go but it’s going to be weird having the house to myself. Really glad Rusty is part of the family…I’d be really lonely without him.

glad you’re safe @MrsBugmaster that would be very disconcerting

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What? I was waiting for you to get on here with Aquashella pics!!! Be our eyes .... how is it going???

Sorry for the delay - it was a really late night yesterday setting everything up. I'll try to post a few pictures in a minute...

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning
I asked for some expert help on exercise for my Parkinson's. I got some very nice responses. I am not sure some of them understand my particular situation though. A person for whom a flight of steps can be a challenge sometimes.

4th day do full body. Usually not much weight but high rep and constant movement. Like 10 minutes straight of what ever various workouts you can handle. Like for 10 minutes do 10 push ups, 10 sit ups, 10 burpees, 10 squats and keep doing them over and over for 10 minutes.

Buddy I really really wish I could. It occurs to me that the average 60 year old male without Parkinson's couldn't do this either.
I can do burpees pretty good though unless I am incorrect about what that means.

In other news I moved the tang from the 75 to the 240 last night. I am not sure how that is going to work out. I didnt understand why my two spot tang was getting too big for my tank. They are supposed to be good in 70 gallons.
What I actually got is an orange stripe tang. Minimum tank size 150 gallon. It is as large as the sailfin in the 240 already.

I really wish I had a even semi decent LFS to use if things don't work out. But I dont.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning
I asked for some expert help on exercise for my Parkinson's. I got some very nice responses. I am not sure some of them understand my particular situation though. A person for whom a flight of steps can be a challenge sometimes.

4th day do full body. Usually not much weight but high rep and constant movement. Like 10 minutes straight of what ever various workouts you can handle. Like for 10 minutes do 10 push ups, 10 sit ups, 10 burpees, 10 squats and keep doing them over and over for 10 minutes.

Buddy I really really wish I could. It occurs to me that the average 60 year old male without Parkinson's couldn't do this either.
I can do burpees pretty good though unless I am incorrect about what that means.

In other news I moved the tang from the 75 to the 240 last night. I am not sure how that is going to work out. I didnt understand why my two spot tang was getting too big for my tank. They are supposed to be good in 70 gallons.
What I actually got is an orange stripe tang. Minimum tank size 150 gallon. It is as large as the sailfin in the 240 already.

I really wish I had a even semi decent LFS to use if things don't work out. But I dont.
I understand how hard this is for you. That is what makes it so impressive. I hate being cliche and saying things like baby steps but it is like reefing. You just take it slow and the results are cumulative. You did not start with a 240 and you won't be doing wind sprints either. I designed a home for an occupational therapist that only used household items as weights and resistance tools. She said for some clients, curling a can of chicken noodle is a victory and I agree.
Keep it up. What you are doing is amazing.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Annually we get these at a certain pine tree in my yard. Another 5 babies thus far with two pregnant moms still running around

1623597825340.png

Nubby Buck:

1623597857870.png

1623597898455.png

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
good morning all... :)yep i said it again.;)yall are worth it...have a great day,thoughts and prayers to those who can use them ...;Happy

WVNed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand how hard this is for you. That is what makes it so impressive. I hate being cliche and saying things like baby steps but it is like reefing. You just take it slow and the results are cumulative. You did not start with a 240 and you won't be doing wind sprints either. I designed a home for an occupational therapist that only used household items as weights and resistance tools. She said for some clients, curling a can of chicken noodle is a victory and I agree.
Keep it up. What you are doing is amazing.
I don't feel impressive or amazing, more like desperate.
Making something from nothing, one more time.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back