Good Morning!

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning everyone!

seems like the storms have finally passed so Rusty is back to his usual goofy self.
so the family room is clean. Took all day to go through everything decide what to keep and what to toss. On to the kitchen today. After food.

may try and get a start upstairs yet today. But until we get more storage (read:furniture) there’s not much more to do than move piles around

Anyway, have a great one everybody!!!!

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning. I walked on the beach this morning and came upon this unfortunate horseshoe crab. He looked as if he succumbed to Covid or Rap music. I see these guys all the time and usually just put them back to the sea because most of them can't afford the New York taxes on land here.

I tried to give this one CPR but his tail spine kept going up my nose where it would puncture my sinuses.
He is now sea gull lunch. :(

thumbnail.jpg
a long life well lived and still giving to others, bless you crabmeat!

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning, early! couldn't wait to spread the news. when i added my take from the AQua SD live sale i didn't think to put the Ultra Maxi Mini Carpet Anemone in a container with a rock to get it to attach before putting it in the tank. That might not be necessary but on the 30th of April as i placed the frag plugs into the tank onto a piece of egg crate the carpet just floated along the bottom and the next day i could not find it. after a week of it not showing back up i thought, sadly, that it was history. This afternoon i had the top and the pumps off to feed and was delighted to see a little round green disc on the sand behind the rocks. IMG_2776.jpeg

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning
Jeanna made it home last night and Jill will be back today. She is off this week. Our 39th wedding anniversary is Thursday.
Have a great Sunday.
That is wonderful, spectacular awesome news to start the day. Thanks for sharing a happy little light on the world.
39 years is a monumental accomplishment in today's world.

On this end, I'll be waiting for Lowe's to open so I can go buy three unions to redo all of my overflow plumbing because I'm an idiot. I'll have to check Seascapes in Sarasota after the nerve study tomorrow and see if they have any threaded bulkheads in stock for the returns. The only thing worse than work is rework. BLEH

On a positive note .... I'm madly in love with that bubble coral. Goals ... the sooner I get this plumbing fixed, the sooner I can bring that baby home to Mommy.

Have a blessed and happy Sunday / Fathers Day everyone.
1624187449128.png

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Fathers Day. Wife taking me out to dinner today to a nice seaside restaurant by boat.

Going out to breakfast now then will drive to the Military cemetery here to visit my Buddy for Fathers Day who died of Covid last year. His family lives far away and I am much closer.

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning! We may attempt brunch this morning (with a 2-year-old in tow). Planning a trip to the LFS later (with the same 2-year-old). Should be an adventure! :D Happy Father's Day to all you dads and grandpas. One of our sons is a step-dad, so a special Happy Father's Day to all you step-dads and step-grandpas! ;Joyful

Fathers Day Dad GIF by Julie Smith Schneider

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning and Happy Fathers Day to Everyone!
No children here but plenty of critters that call me “Dad”.
Looks to be a nice day here but still hot. A rainy, cooling trend will be starting tomorrow.
We are going to look at Orchids and Pitcher Plants today and a nice (Thai) dinner tonite.
I hope you all enjoy your day and get to do something fun.
Stay Safe, Healthy & Happy!

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey Ned,
we looked at a dwarf lion at the lfs yesterday.
no interest in frozen and I don't have a setup for live.
is there a risk to getting them to eat frozen?
I hate losing fish on my watch.
any tips?

None of mine will eat dead food. Even after months and months. No interest at all.
I made a thread about how to train a fish. No real replies.
I have wiggled all kinds of things for hours in feeding tongs and on sticks.
I put LRS and pieces of squid, shrimp and fish in their tank all the time for the eels.

You cant make a predator eat something. You have to trigger it's instinct to eat. I haven't found a way to do it. Lion king has also mentioned that a stress event like taking them home to a new tank can cause them to revert to only eating live food.

Guppies aren't that hard to keep.

So I would say at the very best you would have to be ready with live food for a while with with the understanding it might be forever.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
None of mine will eat dead food. Even after months and months. No interest at all.
I made a thread about how to train a fish. No real replies.
I have wiggled all kinds of things for hours in feeding tongs and on sticks.
I put LRS and pieces of squid, shrimp and fish in their tank all the time for the eels.

You cant make a predator eat something. You have to trigger it's instinct to eat. I haven't found a way to do it. Lion king has also mentioned that a stress event like taking them home to a new tank can cause them to revert to only eating live food.

Guppies aren't that hard to keep.

So I would say at the very best you would have to be ready with live food for a while with with the understanding it might be forever.
ok.
sad face.
not a difficulty issue, with the live food. spacing issue.
thanks for the reply back.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 60 50.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 65 54.6%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 29 24.4%
  • None.

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.6%

Back