Good Morning!

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I may start throwing things ... or drinking ... or better yet, send that resume to a headhunter.
That BS Army analogy about can't promote above your boss apparently only applies in Florida or to women or just to me. Same boss made an announcement today that he promoted one of my peers, with less experience than I to a similar position in Reno. So, he can be promoted over "other soldiers in his platoon" and over "his Captain" but I can't?
Um - yeah -
The Simpsons Burn Bridge GIF

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening. Missed posting this morning due to exhaustion and oversleeping.

happy to say this handsome boy is back to acting like himself since my SO is back home
B40A43A1-0172-4B08-A629-5E6EAE98CCA9.jpeg

also excited because she apparently went snorkeling in a fake reef with a ton of reef fish and now she completely understands my passion for this hobby and actually wants to get a bigger tank than what my dream tank is. So that bodes well for the future. In the meantime, still running with my 120g.

@CMMorgan im really sorry you have to deal with that BS. Idk if you work in a corporate setting or not but it reminds me of my time at anthem BCBS. Actual skill at the job is ignored for who the boss likes, regardless of whether or not the other person has any business with the added responsibility.

I could be wrong but I seem to recall you mentioning a possible alternative job which would mesh better with what you’re looking for professionally these days. Is that still an option?

I know that if so it’s probably not your first choice but it’s something….

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next time make the needle on the gauge jump too.
I am working on that but the computer programming necessary eludes me and is above my pay grade. :cool:

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening. Missed posting this morning due to exhaustion and oversleeping.

happy to say this handsome boy is back to acting like himself since my SO is back home
B40A43A1-0172-4B08-A629-5E6EAE98CCA9.jpeg

also excited because she apparently went snorkeling in a fake reef with a ton of reef fish and now she completely understands my passion for this hobby and actually wants to get a bigger tank than what my dream tank is. So that bodes well for the future. In the meantime, still running with my 120g.

@CMMorgan im really sorry you have to deal with that BS. Idk if you work in a corporate setting or not but it reminds me of my time at anthem BCBS. Actual skill at the job is ignored for who the boss likes, regardless of whether or not the other person has any business with the added responsibility.

I could be wrong but I seem to recall you mentioning a possible alternative job which would mesh better with what you’re looking for professionally these days. Is that still an option?

I know that if so it’s probably not your first choice but it’s something….
Awesome pic of the pooch ... needed that ... thanks!
In simple terms, I work for an agency that represents a very large manufacturer. The promotion would have been working directly for said manufacturer. (Hence the part about becoming my bosses boss.) The agency is small, no room for growth. The other position in Reno was the same scenario - my peer worked for a different agency, he was just promoted over his agency to a position with the manufacturer. My agency owner conceded that this was handled very poorly and he is sorry that I got caught in the middle of whatever political BS is happening. He supports my growth and he is actually an amazing person. There is simply no more I can do at this agency beyond what I have already done.
My husband told me to suck it up and don't rock the boat. That just ticked me off that much more. He is in human resources, so he of all people should know how wrong this in and be offended by it. Instead, he just wants me to keep my head down and keep coloring.
I tried to get my pumps going but I can't get the bean animal dialed in. I think I'm just too aggravated to have patience with it tonight. I think I'll make a cup of tea and try to calm down. Who would have thought that having a nerve conduction study done would have been the highlight of my day? LOL
Truly though @BeltedCoyote ... that dog .... better than a cold drink. How can you be mad at the world looking at that puppy face?

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome pic of the pooch ... needed that ... thanks!
In simple terms, I work for an agency that represents a very large manufacturer. The promotion would have been working directly for said manufacturer. (Hence the part about becoming my bosses boss.) The agency is small, no room for growth. The other position in Reno was the same scenario - my peer worked for a different agency, he was just promoted over his agency to a position with the manufacturer. My agency owner conceded that this was handled very poorly and he is sorry that I got caught in the middle of whatever political BS is happening. He supports my growth and he is actually an amazing person. There is simply no more I can do at this agency beyond what I have already done.
My husband told me to suck it up and don't rock the boat. That just ticked me off that much more. He is in human resources, so he of all people should know how wrong this in and be offended by it. Instead, he just wants me to keep my head down and keep coloring.
I tried to get my pumps going but I can't get the bean animal dialed in. I think I'm just too aggravated to have patience with it tonight. I think I'll make a cup of tea and try to calm down. Who would have thought that having a nerve conduction study done would have been the highlight of my day? LOL
Truly though @BeltedCoyote ... that dog .... better than a cold drink. How can you be mad at the world looking at that puppy face?

he is one of the things that keeps me grounded and appreciative of the little things. Coming home to him whining out of excitement to see me after knowing his past and seeing how much trauma he had when we first brought him hone makes things fall into perspective for me. The world sucks, but this animal who can’t speak about all he’s gone through, who by rights shouldn’t have trusted or loved people again, freaks out when I come home.

it’s the little things in life. Or so I believe

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning! What tool is best for creating flat rock out of round rock for placing corals?
A hammer! Wrap the rock in a dish towel and whack away with the hammer. Husband said I needed to get some new dish towels because mine are full of holes....wonder why?? :cool:

ReefGrammie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning! I'll think about exercising. Does that count? Cooler with lower humidity here this week, which makes me think about exercising. :cool:

Our new "boarders" are imbedded in here like ticks! They have taken over the entire back of the house, but I'm glad they're here (for now). Ask me how I feel in a few months. DIL started her local nursing job yesterday, which is much better than the ICU dedicated to a certain virus.

Have a great Tuesday....and don't forget to exercise! ;Joyful

ReefGrammie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I may start throwing things ... or drinking ... or better yet, send that resume to a headhunter.
That BS Army analogy about can't promote above your boss apparently only applies in Florida or to women or just to me. Same boss made an announcement today that he promoted one of my peers, with less experience than I to a similar position in Reno. So, he can be promoted over "other soldiers in his platoon" and over "his Captain" but I can't?
Sorry you're having a bad time with your job. About 20-something years ago, my husband was let go from his job. It was devastating at the time, especially with 3 small children. We had no choice in his field locally, so we had to move. BEST thing that every happened to us!!! The job loss put him in a position to stretch his work goals, which might have never happened otherwise. Maybe let the dust settle, show resilience to their antics, stretch a bit, and great things will happen!

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry you're having a bad time with your job. About 20-something years ago, my husband was let go from his job. It was devastating at the time, especially with 3 small children. We had no choice in his field locally, so we had to move. BEST thing that every happened to us!!! The job loss put him in a position to stretch his work goals, which might have never happened otherwise. Maybe let the dust settle, show resilience to their antics, stretch a bit, and great things will happen!
There is a headhunter in Sarasota. They are "The" headhunter for the building industry nationally. I am going to fire off the resume to them and see what I am worth. One of two things will happen ... they will find me something more in line with my experience or they will humble me and tell me why I will never reach beyond the ceiling. At least I will have an unbiased perspective and I can make an educated decision from there.
I do have one other opportunity that should be coming my way. I just don't want to jump at that because I'm emotional, hurt and well... angry.

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Um - yeah -
The Simpsons Burn Bridge GIF
Sorry to hear of your job issues. It is frustrating for sure. Hang in there until another door opens.

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning!

surprise day off. Normally these days I’d be against it but I’m still feeling this past weekends fatigue. So I’m not complaining. I think some napping and lounging with a side of productivity around the house will fit the bill nicely.

have a good one everybody

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning! Another beautiful day at the beach.
Talking about exercise… yesterday my grandkids and I decided to walk on the beach to the pier… it looked a lot closer than what it was!! Tracked it on my phone and it ended up being 1 1/2 miles one way. After 5 hours playing in the surf and a 3 mile beach walk, we all 3 slept very well last night. The kids are still sleeping.
22733600-D170-4CD3-B8AF-8B4F3D503411.jpeg

Last edited:

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning! Another beautiful day at the beach.
Talking about exercise… yesterday my grandkids and I decided to walk on the beach to the pier… it looked a lot closer than what it was!! Tracked it on my phone and it ended up being 1 1/2 miles one way. After 5 hours playing in the surf and a 3 mile beach walk, we all 3 slept very well last night. The kids are still sleeping.

apparently I can’t spell this morning.
Edit, I fixed it.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 61 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back