Good Morning!

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning,
It is coffee time here in AZ... Getting ready for a long drive to Ohio for a funeral. Gonna have a neighbor watch the 140 reef tank for me. Got a auto feeder coming in the mail today. I am still working on the 300 build, taking me long time due to life and work. The 300 will be all ecotech, lights, pumps etc with mobius. The 140 is not (old school pumps) so I will be nail biting the whole time I am away. I do have 2 Gen5 Blues (2 of the 4 i bought for the 140)on the 140 and they are on mobius.

Just counting on my neighbor to do the first feeding in the morning and top off the tank when needed....

Anyone ever go away for a while, any suggestions for me besides.

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Goooooood morning!!!

Getting packed for a family trip to Mexico tomorrow morning. This will be the 1st time leaving the tank for more than a couple days since I started this tank last October. I have just about everything automated on a Wave Engine and Control 4. Kamoer Doser seems to be holding my dKH steady at 8 using All For Reef 0.8ml hourly (just set this up a few days ago but dialed in pretty easily) After struggling with low PO4 for weeks I added a Plank feeder running a mix of various dry foods. I unfortuantly wasnt able to dial this in before leaving but the idea was to use the feeder to try and stablize PO4. I just tested and PO4 is 0.40. WAAAAY higher than I feel comfortable with but I don't have a whole lot of time to make adjustments. I think the Reef Roids and Reef Jerky in my feed mix is causing this but I don't have any other dry food to try a different ratio/mix. So a water change today before I leave and I will let it ride for the week I'm gone. Fingers crossed.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good morning everyone!

Germany Yes GIF by Dritan Alsela Coffee

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Goooooood morning!!!

Getting packed for a family trip to Mexico tomorrow morning. This will be the 1st time leaving the tank for more than a couple days since I started this tank last October. I have just about everything automated on a Wave Engine and Control 4. Kamoer Doser seems to be holding my dKH steady at 8 using All For Reef 0.8ml hourly (just set this up a few days ago but dialed in pretty easily) After struggling with low PO4 for weeks I added a Plank feeder running a mix of various dry foods. I unfortuantly wasnt able to dial this in before leaving but the idea was to use the feeder to try and stablize PO4. I just tested and PO4 is 0.40. WAAAAY higher than I feel comfortable with but I don't have a whole lot of time to make adjustments. I think the Reef Roids and Reef Jerky in my feed mix is causing this but I don't have any other dry food to try a different ratio/mix. So a water change today before I leave and I will let it ride for the week I'm gone. Fingers crossed.
wow, brave, I would worry to much if someone wasn't looking in on mine... I hope all the best for your tank and its good when you come back...

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
What's up Vetteguy. Florida soon huh? I was there in March drove back with more corals from WWC after I saw my dad for 3 weeks....
Until this employer meets promises, I’m not packing a box. We’re getting close though

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
wow, brave, I would worry to much if someone wasn't looking in on mine... I hope all the best for your tank and its good when you come back...
My best friend is also a Reefer who lives 5 minutes away. We've both have had tanks since college, 20+ years ago. He has his ways, I have mine but at least it's someone who can identfy and trouble shoot if needed. I have a live webcam watching also.

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My best friend is also a Reefer who lives 5 minutes away. We've both have had tanks since college, 20+ years ago. He has his ways, I have mine but at least it's someone who can identfy and trouble shoot if needed. I have a live webcam watching also.
Oooooh GREAT idea a webcam....Gonna do it.....will also solve my sitting in front of the tank relaxing with a bourbon.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saved another one this morning. Some Jiboni must have taken this cute little horseshoe crab from the surf and put her on dry land 20' from the high tide line where after the sun came up she would have been a baked crab lunch for the seagulls.
These things have been here for millions of years but they always get into trouble.

rename.jpg

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saved another one this morning. Some Jiboni must have taken this cute little horseshoe crab from the surf and put her on dry land 20' from the high tide line where after the sun came up she would have been a baked crab lunch for the seagulls.
These things have been here for millions of years but they always get into trouble.

rename.jpg
Good Job!! Some people are just plain stupid and don't care about stuff. Maybe if the person who did that was stacked to the sand and baked for a while it would cure them of doing **** like that...

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I walk the beach almost every morning about 6:00am and find all sorts of creatures that I try to save. :D
Cool,
I could not do that when I lived in NY as I lived in the Italian part of the Bronx...there was not beach....

WiscoFishNut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning,
It is coffee time here in AZ... Getting ready for a long drive to Ohio for a funeral. Gonna have a neighbor watch the 140 reef tank for me. Got a auto feeder coming in the mail today. I am still working on the 300 build, taking me long time due to life and work. The 300 will be all ecotech, lights, pumps etc with mobius. The 140 is not (old school pumps) so I will be nail biting the whole time I am away. I do have 2 Gen5 Blues (2 of the 4 i bought for the 140)on the 140 and they are on mobius.

Just counting on my neighbor to do the first feeding in the morning and top off the tank when needed....

When we took a trip to Mexico for 7 days last year we did a few things before we left to keep the aquarium going. 1. swapped out the ATO container with a huge rubbermaid container. 2. added an auto feeder to feed pellets twice a day(did some test runs). 3. Did a good cleanup and WC the morning we left.

Nothing really spiked except phosphates slightly, but not enough to be a big issue. The lesson I learned was to stop putzing with things in the tank on a daily basis, seeing how well it did without my "intervention" lol

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning,

sorry to hear about the funeral, but you are welcome in OH anytime.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mmm.... gotta love blueberries. Even if it is only 1 am. Pills wore off, don't want to take new ones on an empty stomach, so gosh great excuse for cereal and blueberries. Everyone things of Florida and thinks citrus but trust .... there are a whole lot of blueberry farms down here too. If I lived closer to one, I would look like that girl from Willy Wonka.
blueberry inflation GIF

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning Friends!
Another cool(ish) day here with low humidity. I’m going to try to get two days worth of mowing done today.
The tank has been doing great and the orchids are all loving their new home. The air is a little dry in our house so I have a small humidifier coming for them. I would just mist them daily but they are on an antique desk that used to be Angela’s Grandmothers and I don’t want to damage it. At least that’s the excuse I’m using to justify buying another “doo-dad”, LOL!
Had some drama with the new spa the day before yesterday. Got in for a soak and the pump turned off. It was flashing an E02 code which means a water flow issue. Went to Google and found out that the older models have a plastic impeller shaft and they break. I thought it was a little too soon for something like that to happen but took it apart anyway to check. It was fine. In fact, the newer models have a ceramic coated shaft. I back flushed the pump with the garden hose and it’s now working fine. I’m guessing that this is something I’ll have to do as regular maintenance.
Wishing Y’all the greatest of “Hump Days” today.

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a great plan. I started using a webcam on my tank several years ago when I travel. I found a relatively inexpensive one off Amazon. I generally keep it focused on the water line in the sump, but I can "drive it" with my phone and view the tank. I like to watch feeding time (which also checks the autofeeder). I had a little tank emergency years ago and was able to get a friend in the house. I could also watch the friend and troubleshoot over the webcam. Turned out to be a false alarm, which was a relief!

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.7%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 77 42.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back