Good Morning!

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stayed up way too late. Updated my LinkedIn. Requested endorsements and recommendations from well respected people whom I have worked with in the past.
Sent the resume out to a headhunter that I worked with 20 years ago. We'll see if anything comes of it.
I have an interview in a parallel field on Monday. It's not really a job I want but there may be more room to grow and it does have nice perks like medical, 401k and a company car. If they throw money at me, I may consider catching it. I won't take a pay cut to jump ship though.
Found out that the guy they gave the other job to has a MBA from an online university. If that was the obstacle, they should have just said so and given me a reason to sign up for WGU.edu. At least that would have been honest and not demoralizing.
Tomorrow, I go back to the neurologist and see what the future holds for my neck issues. That will probably be the largest deciding factor in whether I stay or I go. Either way, I'm taking this as a learning experience - never get too comfortable.
Have a Happy Thursday Reefies!!!
Thursday GIF by Mypenleaks

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning Everyone!
Its supposed to be another nice day here today. Looks like I can get the mowing finished this morning, IF the tractor starts. It gave me a bit of a hard time yesterday. Slow crank so I think the battery is at its end.
Major hen house cleaning, bathroom cleaning, tank water change, make RO/DI, pick up meds at CVS, etc. busy day to say the least. I also need to stop at Ford to pick up parts to service the Escape. I’m planning to do it Saturday but it may rain and we have no garage.
Have a great day!
Stay cool and hydrated! :cool:
Just how much grass do you have to mow??!!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
A man and his wife were sitting in the living room and he said to her. “Just so you know, I never want to live in a vegetative state, dependent on some machine and fluids from a bottle. If that ever happens, just pull the plug.” So the wife got up, unplugged the TV and tossed away his beer.

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning
Fish are on truck to be delivered, Got cranked over nothing. I always was a self starter.

Happy anniversary baby - We decided to stay home and I will make us dinner. Chicken Saltimbocca which is the Italian version of Chicken Cordon Bleu. I havent made it in a long time.

I am having a problem I don't understand. Perhaps you could offer me some advice. I am on 3 drugs prescribed by the neurologist. He is one of the top guys in West Virginia for PD according to the internet.
as an example I was given Sinemet 25-100

Proscribing information freely available on the net.
Initially, levodopa 100 mg/carbidopa 25 mg (as 1 tablet) 3 times daily.

Increase dosage by levodopa 100 mg/carbidopa 25 mg (1 tablet) daily or every other day until a daily dosage of levodopa 800 mg/carbidopa 200 mg is reached or adverse effects prevent further increases or necessitate discontinuance.

What I was told to do
take 3 a day come back in 3 months
take 4 a day come back in 3 months
take 1 every 4 hours while awake come back in 3 months
Okay try this other med come back in 3 months

after many months I am taking both together and I am at 12 a day

after many more months they start me on a patch too. But not on the dose for the disease I have but the lowest one.
1mg is fine give me 2mg, 2mg is fine give me 4. 4mg/24hrs is supposed to be the minimal dose for PD

You see the pattern
If I call into the office and ask them to change the dose they do.
They also ask me how much are you taking now? Like they expect me to do this.

But I am basically self treating. They are changing the dose to one I am already taking and are one step behind me.

And yes I have asked them directly and haven't got an answer. 3 times in 3 different ways. They spout medical gobbledygook at me.

If you screw up with this stuff it can get really interesting.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good morning everyone! Way too many creative ideas last night, way too little sleep last night...

sorgenfrei GIF by Gothaer Versicherung

now coffee.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just how much grass do you have to mow??!!
Just over five acres of grassy area but there are many obstacles to get around. I have it divided into sections, upper lawn ( what you see from the street), middle section ( where the shade deck and elevated walkway are), hen house area, green house area, parking area and both sides of house, back behind the house and lastly, around the food plot and wood line. Most of middle, henhouse and greenhouse areas are done with the push mower and weed whacker.
Its a workout for my tired old bones? :p

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The girl at the nursery in Nashville called me to let me know my two Oncidiums arrived. These are the pix she texted me. Picking them up on Saturday. E461CEB0-60E9-4C46-94A5-6B2896260F0A.png 31A805DB-03D9-4F89-8127-D060D938B863.png The humidifier will be here today and I ordered a fan for air circulation (same fan I use over my tank). That will be here on Sunday.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning Reefies!!
Working for the weekend, yet?
I have to head out to cow country to meet a client this morning and then to Sarasota this afternoon to finally see the doctor. Whatever the results, I'll finally have some answers and a plan. Not that I haven't loved starting my day before the sun but I'm over taking pills.
The only thing that could make this day better is if Tampa Bay Saltwater said they had about 20 pounds of live rock that they just need a good home for right away. I moved rock out of the sump of the 90 yesterday to get the new DT going. eww... ugly sump rock. LOL
Have a happy Friday everyone!!
Its Friday GIF by Justin

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning
Fish are on truck to be delivered, Got cranked over nothing. I always was a self starter.

Happy anniversary baby - We decided to stay home and I will make us dinner. Chicken Saltimbocca which is the Italian version of Chicken Cordon Bleu. I havent made it in a long time.

I am having a problem I don't understand. Perhaps you could offer me some advice. I am on 3 drugs prescribed by the neurologist. He is one of the top guys in West Virginia for PD according to the internet.
as an example I was given Sinemet 25-100

Proscribing information freely available on the net.
Initially, levodopa 100 mg/carbidopa 25 mg (as 1 tablet) 3 times daily.

Increase dosage by levodopa 100 mg/carbidopa 25 mg (1 tablet) daily or every other day until a daily dosage of levodopa 800 mg/carbidopa 200 mg is reached or adverse effects prevent further increases or necessitate discontinuance.

What I was told to do
take 3 a day come back in 3 months
take 4 a day come back in 3 months
take 1 every 4 hours while awake come back in 3 months
Okay try this other med come back in 3 months

after many months I am taking both together and I am at 12 a day

after many more months they start me on a patch too. But not on the dose for the disease I have but the lowest one.
1mg is fine give me 2mg, 2mg is fine give me 4. 4mg/24hrs is supposed to be the minimal dose for PD

You see the pattern
If I call into the office and ask them to change the dose they do.
They also ask me how much are you taking now? Like they expect me to do this.

But I am basically self treating. They are changing the dose to one I am already taking and are one step behind me.

And yes I have asked them directly and haven't got an answer. 3 times in 3 different ways. They spout medical gobbledygook at me.

If you screw up with this stuff it can get really interesting.
don't forget to pay on your way out.
happy anniversary.

Back