Gorgonian ID?

dach

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 30, 2021
Messages
102
Reaction score
62
Location
boston
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this gorgonian at an LFS and I’m not sure what kind it is. The polyps look purple and the spine looks white. The guy at the LFS said it was photosynthetic.

CA8F5811-95D2-48C3-81E8-340EEE46C61F.jpeg F9C9CF5F-6546-4561-B419-CB628649C826.jpeg 12E62F48-ECF4-4FC0-BE95-2C5E15341BAA.jpeg
 
It is a photosynthetic Gorg, and a nice one looks like.
Strong flow, Strong light, they love to be tossed, keep iodide in the 0.03-0.06ppm range, loves marine snow in the waters.
I just call them purple gorgonian.
73B2640E-8923-4EF2-B055-D1ED080FB800.jpeg
 
Possibly Muricea laxa? Hard to tell with the blue lighting. They're a whitish color with brown polyps, and they are photosynthetic. A little delicate, in my experience, but very beautiful.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new