Got my new fish today! WOOT!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks Tom from www.justrarefish.com! I got two of my favorite fish today and I am stoked. They are not eating any of my food yet but they are picking all over the liverock so I take that as a good sign.

NO TANG POLICE please. :D Yes these are in my 120g, but I am already in talks with a custom tank builder for my upgrade hopefully by the end of the year.

When I first added them the Achilies was chasing the PB around the tank, but now they have settled down and are swimming together fine. Not the greatest pics but I had to share.

powder.jpg

achilies.jpg

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OBTW the PB was a little bigger than I have planned. I will have to keep an eye on him and get rid of him if he seems unhappy.

detguy123

I'm a pain in the wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very very nice...achilies is my favorite tang i use to have one and i am sure you will enjoy both of those!!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
very very nice...achilies is my favorite tang i use to have one and i am sure you will enjoy both of those!!

Thanks! Any advice on the Achilies??

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful looking tangs Rev! Those are also 2 of my favorite fish. Just curious how much did the achilies set you back?

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yea I do it's my 120g. :D FWIW I just feed good, keep the water quality up, and the ich goes away and stays away.

NapoliNewJersey

Achilles Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great pick up Rev. I want a powderblue so bad but there is no way I can do it now that my Achilles and Desarjini are in there.

See if you can't get a couple neon gobys ... they work wonders for ich and other external parasites ... my fish are spotless for months now.

And don't worry about the size of the fish ... I have a 4.5" Achilles and a 4.5" Desarjini and a 4" Hippo and they are all very fat and very happy in my 120. They still chase every once in a while but it's natural for them. As long as one doesn't look beat up or have nips or cuts then don't worry about it.

I also have a 4" Watanabe Angel in there as well.

Good luck with them and feed them Rod's Food.

KEEPERZ

TOTM March 08'
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My PB has been with me for about 3yrs and I had an achill-ez for a couple weeks until one day when I glued down a frag and he took a mouth full of gel glue-it was over 3 days later-they love tunze of flow Rev.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks guys! I got my Tunze cranked and the rock work pretty open so they can swim in some major flow! (2) x's 6100's and a 6025 along with the return.

I'll pick up a few neon's tomorrow. :D

BTW I have a 2" Desarjini in there as well and that's the last of the big fish. Sorry to hear about you tang KEEPERZ.. :(

KEEPERZ

TOTM March 08'
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the condolences-I could not believe it myself-he eventually got it off after scraping his face all over the tank, but the stress took him out-I'm not suppose to have an achilles but I did pick up a powder brown 2 days ago for the frag tank-he is eating so far

NapoliNewJersey

Achilles Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Desarjini has been seen picking at the glue on the frags. It was dry though.

Sorry to hear it.

Hey Rev my Desarjini was half the size of my Achilles when I got him and in about 3-4 months he is now passing the Achilles in size. They get to be about 15" (maybe only 12" in a home aquarium). They grow really fast and it gets a little crazy cause he will fight to be the boss of the tank once he does get to be as big.

The Achilles however is a slow grower only reaching 10" (maybe only 8-9" in a home aquarium).

My LFS Aquatic Obsessions in Woodbridge NJ just got a gorgous 6" Achilles Tang... the colors are perfect.

Anyone in NJ or NY looking for an Achilles should stop by that's where I got mine.

(Delete this if it's violating any rules.)

bamachamp92

WIL E. COYOTE SUPERGENIUS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice Fish Rev, I Cant Wait To Get Over There And See The Whole Tank, Hint Hint Lol. But Really Great Fish.

raider77

True Fan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice Rev! I just scored a Chevron Tang yesterday. I had been looking for one well over a year. If anyone is looking for a Chevron or Achilles the Hidden Reef in PA has one of each left. The Chevron is a $150 and the Achilles is $100.

sdietz2469

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i have had alot of people say that make sure to keep sushi noir in there cuz it combats ich, also my budy that has had one says to put 2 cleaner gobies and 2 cleaner shrimp, basically setting up a cleaning station for everything to keep parasites off of him.... but keep sushi in there cuz those guys are known for starvin themselves after a few months....

by the way 2 of my favorites, just got my tang population up to where i cant have any mpre and those guys are hard to get around here..... i got a purple, a hippo and a atlantic blue..... in my 120

shane

NapoliNewJersey

Achilles Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice Rev! I just scored a Chevron Tang yesterday. I had been looking for one well over a year. If anyone is looking for a Chevron or Achilles the Hidden Reef in PA has one of each left. The Chevron is a $150 and the Achilles is $100.

Raider, Aquatic Obsessions has had at least 3 a month for a year straight.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 36 25.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 28 20.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 27 19.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back